The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Won Some PK's  (Read 1361 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
Won Some PK's
« on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:37 AM »
I was just informed I won some PK's on the weekly prize board. Pretty cool! Never tried them, but will give them a shot...... maybe out of the boat if this weather keeps up  ;)

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Won Some PK's
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2013, 05:41 PM »
i tried them last year; i had never been a "jigging guy" but gave them a good shot anyway. i was very surprised that they worked very well for me,and, i became a believer real fast when i iced three very large rainbows on pathfinder the first time i fished there this season. i think if you give them an honest try you will enjoy them.

just my thought about them.

congratulations !
I am haunted by waters...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Congrats! I had to buy mine!  :whistle:

WS

Offline HuntHard

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I'm Not Fishin I'm Wishin Vexilar Rocks
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2013, 12:13 PM »
I used them on Pathfinder last weekend with a friends Vex camera and it was amazing to watch trout basically do backflips chasing them. I have caught bass perch eyes gills trout and ling with them. Also seems like when fish come in after a PK they dont quit untill they eat it !!!!
If at first you don't succeed at ice fishing

Then drink another Cold Beer                     

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2013, 03:11 PM »
congratulations,,, I had to buy mine too.... The only thing is I spent like $120 on them and have had them for 2 1/2 years and have never gotten a bite on them.... I must be doing something wrong...  Good luck with your PK's  ;)

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:17 PM »
I landed the biggest perch to day on a 1.5 inch pk flutter fish copper. They work was going after bass but hey I wont complain.  ;D
No one left behind.     

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2013, 12:59 AM »
i just got my six in the mail from the weekly drawings.
they look great.. maybe post a few pix up with some MONSTER fish cuz of them new lures   :) :)
nice looking quality lures!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2013, 11:39 PM »
congratulations,,, I had to buy mine too.... The only thing is I spent like $120 on them and have had them for 2 1/2 years and have never gotten a bite on them.... I must be doing something wrong...  Good luck with your PK's  ;)

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209069.0

benwyo,

Here's a little bit of reading for ya. 
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2013, 05:35 PM »

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209069.0

benwyo,

Here's a little bit of reading for ya.

Sorry, been there, done that, still does not work for me.... I just have never gotten a bite on one no matter what I try... some people nail the heck out of them, I have gone on the internet and looked up ways to use them and... as I found out a lot of people do not have any luck with them just like me....I have a camera and watch the perch and walleye around the PK's and when ever you move jig the lure up from the bottom it scares the perch or walleye's away.... Now I only fish for perch and walleye's,,,,,,, so that might be my trouble..... I do not fish for any kind of trout or other type's of fish while I am ice fish........ Buckshot's are the lure of my choice, excellent results,,, Perch and walleye's....... I cannot even count how many perch I caught with them this year, and 24 keeper walleye's 18" - 24" this year.... and a few handfulls of crappies and several nice smallmouths.... Just my choice I guess.....  I finally took the PK's out of my ice fishing box, and I am going to try them this spring for walleye... If I go fishless with them this spring, I am going to take them all to the metal salvage yard down the road..  ;) Now this is only my 2 cents and my opinion only and everyone has their own opionion no matter what.... Examples the best type of lines, the best kind of pick-up, The best beer to drink....To each his own.....  Tight Lines to all...... We have another ice start-up it looks like....  :)

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2013, 10:15 PM »
If I go fishless with them this spring, I am going to take them all to the metal salvage yard down the road..  ;)

Send 'em my way.  In the mean time, just as a comment, I know guys who jig backwards with many jigs.  They yank, or jerk the lure up, and lower it back down.  It should be a slow lift, and a drop.  What kind of line are you using?  Too heavy?
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2013, 12:36 AM »
Send 'em my way.  In the mean time, just as a comment, I know guys who jig backwards with many jigs.  They yank, or jerk the lure up, and lower it back down.  It should be a slow lift, and a drop.  What kind of line are you using?  Too heavy?

6 lb Fluorocarbon Trilene Vanish for walleye's & 2 lb Fluorocarbon Trilene Vanish for perch... Fishrmn thanks for the comment no problem... I am a listener as well as a teacher.. of anything to do with the outdoors.... My listening over the last 56 years is why I kind of know a little about everything & not a whole lot about anything...  :) :) Thanks again and thanks for the help.... benwyo   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.