The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Working on open water ice map  (Read 2461 times)

Offline gravy_t

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Working on open water ice map
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Also, one last question....is there any way to make notes for the spots you mark? I think if an update is made that it would be good if we could put a date and maybe a couple short remarks. For example, the spot I marked was already frozen back over but if we're not sure how the thickness looks there yet we could make a note that it was recently re-froze or that maybe it's a spot that could re-open frequently if it's not already. Just a final, thought.

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:07 AM »
Good idea. I was able to add a marker with text (I dont like how it looked so big when zoomed out). It looks like the add text was not easy to work with. The more we work with it the better it will be.

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Hey ten I dont know if it would help or not but I had to go to a confrenece yesterday for work and one of the companies there was Ag Terra out of Sheridan. They have a new map it fast program that one can use from their phone or tablet. It allows for points lines and polygons. Its really a slick program for basic mapping. It may or may not work for something like this.

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:58 AM »
That does look like a sweet app. I would think it would be perfect if we could get cell signal in all of our lakes and the other prob I see is the last line of thier mapitfast website  (Note:  Sharing and synchronization are not enabled in the free version.)

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Yup thats the only kicker other then it will sync up once you get service ..... Not real big on the pay part though.

Offline LovinFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Also, one last question....is there any way to make notes for the spots you mark? I think if an update is made that it would be good if we could put a date and maybe a couple short remarks. For example, the spot I marked was already frozen back over but if we're not sure how the thickness looks there yet we could make a note that it was recently re-froze or that maybe it's a spot that could re-open frequently if it's not already. Just a final, thought.
I like the idea of adding notes.  I tried it and it seemed fairly easy.  If you want to change a note, it seems that you have to delete the existing one then add a new - is this correct?

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 08, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Good question. Looks like if found out how to do it. To edit the text for the marker click the pencil in the upper left corner of the text box and then save.

Offline gravy_t

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 09, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Made one more for the plains lakes:

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=Plains_Lakes_ice

I didn't mark anything yet. Hopefully I did this right. Same Password.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.