The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: WY Resident fee increases...are back.  (Read 1757 times)

Offline BuzzH

• IceShanty Rookie
WY Resident fee increases...are back.
« on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:20 PM »
HB260, hot off the press.

Residents arent off the hook...(pun there).

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0260.pdf

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: WY Resident fee increases...are back.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:23 PM »
that does not look like all licenses are going up and does it look like they choose to not increase them by as much?
Don

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:01 PM »
That was fast ;D  I'll spare you all anymore of my views... (steps down off his soapbox)

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:04 PM »
That is not as bad. Just get lottery already! Alot of money leaves the state for gambling.

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:10 PM »
That is not as bad. Just get lottery already! Alot of money leaves the state for gambling.

+1
No one left behind.     

Offline ratfink1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep some, eat some, and let some go!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:22 PM »
I 2nd that

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:46 PM »

that is does. 
Don

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Earlier this month at a meet and greet with legislators from SW WY I was told we didn't have enough population for a lottery and it would cost millions to put on a lottery and we couldn't sell enough tickets............... I tend to think the guy had a personal agenda in not having a lottery.
Thread killer

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Earlier this month at a meet and greet with legislators from SW WY I was told we didn't have enough population for a lottery and it would cost millions to put on a lottery and we couldn't sell enough tickets............... I tend to think the guy had a personal agenda in not having a lottery.

A legislator with a personal agenda, PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!

ClearCreek

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Common cents?
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Yeah-h-h-h. . .why would they want to implement a voluntary tax (lottery), when legislators & gov can smack all of us poor suckers with higher license fees and another 10 cents on each gallon of gasoline?   :-\
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:51 PM »
Wyoming has officially priced me out! I know most of you don't care about non residents hunting/fishing in your state. Everyone hates to see non resident license plates in your neck of the woods, but a few of you enjoy being a non resident to other states now and then i am sure of it. It is  sad to me, hunting and fishing is what i am, it is all i think about! My free time away from day to day tasks is spent w/ family and friends either fishing, hunting or doing something related to them. The average blue collar guy is being priced out of these freedoms we have enjoyed. Hunting in particular is becoming a wealthy mans sport!! Resident or non resident the sporstman's way of life is at a great cost!!!!   

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Unfortunately the trend (not just Wyoming) is to stick it to the non-resident.  This despite the data that shows a point of diminishing return, where the extra revenue from the cost of the license is offset by the decline in the number of licenses sold.

As a percentage of income I would bet resident fees are pretty consistant over the years.  As I understand it, there has not been any increase for a while.  People complain about buying a fishing license, then spend $100 bucks on gas to drive to the fishing hole ???

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Yeah but the increase just failed so the licenses will be the same in 2014 that they are this year.

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:02 PM »
I know I just put my list together to get ready for summer, just what I Need(not want) is 1500.00. And like dorado said just a day trip to any lake is 100 dollar bill for fuel and food, I think the license cost to me at this point is inconsequential, they could double it and it wouldn't bother me one bit, it's the cheapest( by far) part of the fishing for me
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Well I'm with you rmbchief.  I am glad some of us see it that way.  Others seem like they will go tooth and nail to keep the increases from happening.

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:30 PM »
My only concern was if the lifetimes were going to go up or not. Fortunately i got that out of the way now.

Offline BuzzH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:44 PM »
Yeah but the increase just failed so the licenses will be the same in 2014 that they are this year.

Not true...HB260 is being heard tomorrow by the House Revenue committee at 8 AM in Cheyenne.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Calendar/hcom0201.htm

The 2 bills that failed were 136 and 137. Two new ones introduced HB260 and HB236.

The increase will happen in 2014 if either of the remaining 2 pass...and I'll bet money one or the other will. My "money" is on 260 passing.

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Looks reasonable to me, I am not so sure about it passing though.  Good to see some people are still trying to address a problem that needs addressed.

Unless I need new glasses, I did not read anything about resident fishing licenses being increased - which is interesting.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:49 AM »
I know I just put my list together to get ready for summer, just what I Need(not want) is 1500.00. And like dorado said just a day trip to any lake is 100 dollar bill for fuel and food, I think the license cost to me at this point is inconsequential, they could double it and it wouldn't bother me one bit, it's the cheapest( by far) part of the fishing for me

x3

Offline sunshine daydream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:13 PM »
The best investment for me was the lifetime game bird/ small game/ fishing license and lifetime conservation stamp. Paid for itself within years , less headaches no worries it's a lifetime deal.   

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:45 AM »
X2
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Wyoming has officially priced me out! I know most of you don't care about non residents hunting/fishing in your state. Everyone hates to see non resident license plates in your neck of the woods, but a few of you enjoy being a non resident to other states now and then i am sure of it. It is  sad to me, hunting and fishing is what i am, it is all i think about! My free time away from day to day tasks is spent w/ family and friends either fishing, hunting or doing something related to them. The average blue collar guy is being priced out of these freedoms we have enjoyed. Hunting in particular is becoming a wealthy mans sport!! Resident or non resident the sporstman's way of life is at a great cost!!!!

Have you checked out what non-residents pay to hunt in UT?  I believe the new fees in WY will be about the same as what non-residents pay to hunt UT now!

Regardless of what state you live in, the local politicians seem to think they will anger their constituents by raising resident fees. So they stick it to those darned out of stater's!  Pretty short sighted, as visitors bring in a lot more money to the local economies than the cost of the tag.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.