The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: 1st Annual Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Derby - Flaming Gorge  (Read 7417 times)

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
yes eskimo...The burbot fishing is extended around the clock.

PS 307 I appologize on not getting my entry form in...I'll get it out SOON (lets hope lol)
Hey no hurry, you still have a month to do it or just come out to the marina Friday February 18th.

Offline WYOESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the reply.  I have several people that can't wait and I'm getting them their forms. But you can count on a party of 6-8 with me. ;D Can't hardly wait!!!!!
WYOESKIMO

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
You started to put out flyers 307??? I thought about printing some off and pinning them around town. Just wondering if you did that already. I'm starting to get a little group together to fish with me. Let's hope they don't all bail (as usual).
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
You started to put out flyers 307??? I thought about printing some off and pinning them around town. Just wondering if you did that already. I'm starting to get a little group together to fish with me. Let's hope they don't all bail (as usual).

Hey buddy, if you want to print some flyers off and put them up around town please do so. That would help me out so much. I have been putting them around Rock Springs, but haven't been over to Green River yet. The more people that know the better. I want to make sure we have a good turn out and lot's of fun!!!!

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Derby
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:21 PM »
So being as we are only four weeks away from the 1st Annual Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Fishing Derby I would like to get a head count from people on IceShanty who plan on fishing the derby. Also if you have any questions or advise please feel free to share it here. This is our first year and we want to have many more after this. Possibly summer events as well so help us make this possible.

P.S. Any ideas on where we should put a check station on the Rock Springs side of the Lake? or will Buckboard be good enough???

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Derby
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:31 PM »
+1 here.

I'm on the GR side so buckboard will be good for me. Just thinking firehole would be good for RS side. Would get the rock springs guys that drove it on trucks and would get the guys by confluence that would rather run up there on the fourwheeler.
Trent Williams

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:26 PM »
I plan on being there with my dad and a buddy.  I think a check station around firehole would be a good spot for the RS side too.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline wyofisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Ya count me in. I think putting a check station at firehole would be a great idea! Just makes it easier for us guys in Rock Springs to head down on 191 instead of going all the way over to Buckboard and then all the way back.

Offline rks-icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Ya count me in. I think putting a check station at firehole would be a great idea! Just makes it easier for us guys in Rock Springs to head down on 191 instead of going all the way over to Buckboard and then all the way back.

Couldn't agree more. This was badly missed with the Burbot Bash.

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I will be running a check station at the Firehole boat launch area both Saturday and Sunday of the derby. You will still need to show up Friday the 18th to register by 9:30 p.m. at Buckboard Marina and then show up Sunday for awards to be given away. I hope this will help you all out and save you some money of fuel.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:21 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't wait! Am loving the idea of a derby with trout in it!
Trent Williams

Offline WYOESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
I saw a flier at the Pamida in Mt. View a couple days ago
WYOESKIMO

Offline Mac daddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:06 PM »
This sounds like a great cause, I just read the rules and love the idea of not killing bigger macs. Even if ice disapears I will donate sixty dollars for me and my brother.

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:02 PM »
This sounds like a great cause, I just read the rules and love the idea of not killing bigger macs. Even if ice disapears I will donate sixty dollars for me and my brother.

Lets pray for cold weather!!!! Ice won't stop us, we just might have to move the boundry from Brinegars Ranch North....we will see.

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
I saw a flier at the Pamida in Mt. View a couple days ago

Thats awesome!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
I'm afraid I can't take credit for that...even though I do do some Bridge valley bball games on the radio.
Trent Williams

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:56 PM »
SNOWING AND SUPPOSE TO BE -13 TONIGHT!!!! GUESS THE PRAYING FOR COLD WEATHER HAS HELPED. HOPE ON SEEING YOU ALL IN A COUPLE WEEKS FOR THE DERBY!!!!!!

Offline chriswy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gonna need a bigger hole!!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Well if the all mighty Macdaddy does the derby and i am free that weekend i would love to do it also.

chris

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
PLEASE VISIT http://buckboardmarina.com/events.htm TO DOWNLOAD YOUR JIGGING FOR WYOMING DOWN SYNDROME FISHING DERBY PACKET!!! HOPE EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT OUT FOR A FUN FILLED WEEKEND OF FISHING.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
9 DAYS AWAY EVERYONE!!!!! SURE HOPE YOU ALL HAVE MARKED YOUR CALENDAR AND CAN MAKE IT OUT. SHOULD BE AN AWESOME WEEKEND OF FISHING!!!!!

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
MAKE PLANS FOR THIS WEEKENDS JIGGING FOR WYOMING DOWN SYNDROME FISHING DERBY!!!! REGISTRATION IS FRIDAY THE 18TH FROM 3PM TO 9PM AND SATURDAY THE 19TH FROM 5:30AM TO 7AM @ BUCKBOARD MARINA!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
I was just reading the information about the derby and it states, "no automobiles, trucks, or pets on the ice." ::)  If thats so I don't know if I will be fishing in the derby.  I don't go ice fishing without my trustee ice dog.  Does anyone know if this rule will be enforced?
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline rks-icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was just reading the information about the derby and it states, "no automobiles, trucks, or pets on the ice." ::)  If thats so I don't know if I will be fishing in the derby.  I don't go ice fishing without my trustee ice dog.  Does anyone know if this rule will be enforced?

I know of a few people who aren't going because of the pet rule.

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
people should call if they have any questions, the rules have changed and that's what the game and fish had us do. You can have vehicles on ice at your own risk! Any questions feel free to call me 307 389 7527. Its not to late to come out.......sign ups saturday morning as well. Come support a good cause!

Offline Jigging4wydsa

• IceShanty Rookie
1st Annual Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Fishing Derby.

RAINBOW

1st Place -  Paul Labario     Green River, WY     3.84 lbs

2nd Place - Delene Shirey     Green River, Wy     3.30 lbs.

3rd Place - Albert Branch     Rock Springs, WY     3.04 lbs.

4th Place - James Green     Green River, WY     3.01 lbs.

5th Place - John Lundgren     Green River, WY     2.94 lbs.

BROWN

1st Place - Tony Warpness     Rock Springs, WY     2.66 lbs.

YOUTH

1st Place - Kohen Wagner     Rock Springs, WY     2.81 lbs.

2nd Place - Stone Rubeck     Green River, WY     2.62 lbs.

3rd Place - Kaylee Lundgren     Green River, WY     2.59 lbs.

Lake Trout

Smallest - James Greene     Green River, WY     1.65 lbs.

Burbot

Largest - Alvin Schmaltz     Rock Springs, WY     7.25 lbs.

Smallest - Run Heng     Salt Lake City, UT     .45 lbs.

*Thanks to everyone who came out to support the Wyoming Down Syndrome Association! For our first fishing derby I think it went fairly well and didn't have any problems what so ever. Thinking of a possible summer derby and for sure a 2nd Annual Jigging for Wyoming Down Syndrome Ice Fishing Derby January 2012. If you have any questions or advice for us please let u know so we can make these derbies better each time. Again thank you and congratulatons to the winners!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.