The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who's going to be at the Hattie derby?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Who's going to be at the Hattie derby?
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:06 PM »
I know my dad and I will be fishing it Sat. and I might meet up with fishwhisperer Sun. with dad. Just wondering who else was going to be there for sure ??? Also this thread will be switched to a rundown on how everyone did :tipup: Hope someone from team iceshanty takes the gold this year (myself included ;D)
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline wyoming_man

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who's going to be at the Hattie derby?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:40 PM »
I have not decided whether I will go or not.  I will fish it a little this week then make up my mind.  Let me know if you want to go out with me sometime this week, Taz.

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Will do :tipup: I wussed out the other day went up there today and got a few...
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:01 AM »
I was going to go, but I decided to stay home and fish something more local.  Hopefully thats Glendo. 
Don

Offline wyoming_man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I kind of figured that you did since I was running a little late and was busting drifts on the highway.  Granite was pretty windy so I dropped down to Crystal and got down below the trees and a hill.  Fishing was pretty nuts for the stockers as is usually the case there.  Was able to to learn what fish look like on the flasher, which was my goal in going up.  I would have to say that 25% of the fish I caught were due to the flasher.  Either I saw them come up to the jig as it was dropping, or I never felt them but could see that they were right at my jig.  It was pretty impressive.

Offline scrappy5555

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:04 AM »
I know my dad and I will be fishing it Sat. and I might meet up with fishwhisperer Sun. with dad. Just wondering who else was going to be there for sure ??? Also this thread will be switched to a rundown on how everyone did :tipup: Hope someone from team iceshanty takes the gold this year (myself included ;D)

I will be there, can't say I am completely looking forward to the wind and slow fishing though.  But, it only takes one fish to make it all worth it so I am going to try and repeat my luck from a few years ago. Good luck to all who will be participating.

Offline threelungs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:11 AM »
haven't made up my mind leaning more towards Glendo since it'll be ready in a few days and I'm sick of catching trout.
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." ~Yoda

Offline fishstalker5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Not going....went yesterday
<---- this is the one I caught.

Offline wyowind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Way to go Fishstalker5000. you lucky dog. Maybe you could take us rookies out and show us how its done. See you at the Lake John tourney.
Hey Moose the Lake John tornament is an all nighter, right up your alley. No Hattie for me this year.

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:10 PM »
I will be going but I'm not looking forward to it either. Going to try and fish it 3 times this week before and move around a lot to try and find a few fish. I hope to god the wind stays below 50mph.
Can't catch em sittin in the living room!

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:13 PM »
I was going to prefish it some as well I got a pretty good idea where some fish will be... I will report back what I find! Anyone wanting to share info hit me up :tipup:
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:00 AM »
can't wait (as always) to hear what they pull out this year.  gonna make it down there one o' these years to partake.  great fishery.

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:18 AM »
I fished Hattie today for about 5 hours. I moved around a lot and fished in depths from 31 to 6 feet of water and everywhere in between. I saw one fish in 5 hours about 7 feet below the ice in 22 feet of water. It was a smaller bow that I missed. Other than that is was a cold, slow, windy day.

Offline threelungs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Sounds about right....were you fishing upper or lower hattie?

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:20 AM »
About 7 of my buddies and I will be fishing the annual Lake Hattie Derby like we always do.  Last year none of us even got so much as a nibble. Hopefully this year we at least get a bite....lol.  Persistence on that lake will eventually pay off

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline threelungs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:43 PM »
The old man wants to participate he has some high hopes plus he is pretty lucky so I guess I better roll the dice with him.

Offline fishwhisperer307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:20 AM »
ya im not gonna pre fish..... that derby is all luck , you can fish it everyday before the derby and have your holes picked out and then comes the gomer that never fishes out there and pulls up an hour winner right next to you lol ill fish it for the first time on saturday

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Going to meet up at 6 at the fly shop if anyone wants to meet up and bs some...
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Did anyone from shanty do any good out there today? I had one bite all morning at about 11. Other than that i didn't see another fish. Talked to a lot of people who never got a bite so i guess it wasn't just me.

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Well fished all day very slow saw one koke landed and when I checked the board only 14 spots had been filled 15 counting smallest fish. There were a few perch on the board ::) Got an early b-day present of a new shanty and it is nice! It is the quick fish 3 so I stayed plenty warm :icefish:
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline threelungs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:52 PM »
very slow I think I punched about 40 holes 26ft down to 3ft and didn't mark nothing my dad did get a hit in the afternoon. Looking forward to another 50 hole day and vexing in the barren desert they call Hattie. Good luck

Offline fish4weeks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:28 PM »
threelungs....i was on the ice right by you the whole day and didn't realize that was you. i was fishing with just one other dude just out from you. had the camo coat n carhartt bibs. man, that was a slooooooowwww day. good luck tomorrow. i think we might be tryin another spot i've had in mind. good luck to ya, tight lines.
-Darin Weeks-

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:01 PM »
I got the same hut Taz, glad you like it. I hope one of you guys gets in the money tomorrow.

Offline Dirty P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:24 PM »
good luck everyone, bring home the gold
Remember what grandpa would always say. " Where's the beer? and you call yourself a fisherman!"

Offline fishstalker5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Sorry it is so slow out there.  The hubs is at Lake John and catching lots but nothing he can enter. 

very slow I think I punched about 40 holes 26ft down to 3ft and didn't mark nothing my dad did get a hit in the afternoon. Looking forward to another 50 hole day and vexing in the barren desert they call Hattie. Good luck

Hope you and dad have better luck tomorrow. 

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:12 AM »
I struggled too I fished from Friday straight through til sunday and never had a fish on :'( o well though that's Hattie for ya! I had a good time even though it was tough. I would really like to see Hattie come back to how all the stories say it was "in the old days"
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.