Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63250 times)

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #240 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Well the Marcum is back from its trip to the Midwest...I got the second one fixed and waterproofed...now to resume ice fishing!
Jiggin I built a couple of PVC “chisel proof” cable protectors...thanks for the idea! I also made a couple of panner stands out of some buckets to place the panners above the cable protectors. Should be slick as snot as the panner will no longer freeze into the hole.

Nice work Mowbizz, I like the cable protection,....btw nice buderus boiler I have the same one  ;) :thumbsup:

I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #241 on: Feb 09, 2019, 08:34 PM »

Thanks PoolGuy!
Can’t wait to try the new system! So far the Buderus boiler is working flawlessly...had it serviced last Fall and the tech said it was so clean there wasn’t much cleaning to do.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #242 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Thanks PoolGuy!
Can’t wait to try the new system! So far the Buderus boiler is working flawlessly...had it serviced last Fall and the tech said it was so clean there wasn’t much cleaning to do.

Nice patch job. Buderus - buy the best and cry once.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #243 on: Feb 10, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Nice patch job. Buderus - buy the best and cry once.

;D ;D ;D

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #244 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:27 PM »
2/8

Came out early today to bump the house to get a jump before the wind sets in. Raining out but no wind. Water on the ice.
Late morning the sun came out, warm 47f and still no wind. Ice is getting soft. Loved it.       

We got all three shacks back after the winds and situated ( lush, birddogs(mine) and walkers) . Some insane winds off the ledges when I get out there Friday night to get my shack. Found my shack holding on to one tie down and off the blocks . Got the hitch on the shack and the wheeler and undid the tie down just to watch the wind blow the bobhouse and fourwheeler a good 4-5 ft . Got lush shack from whittemore and headed west to Wellington with it but couldn’t get moving across the wind had to head south and slowly ease our way west to shore with it. Got them beached for the night and tried to get out Saturday ( lush shack took flight while trying to tie it down ( video is on Facebook and WMUR) . Got some heavy duty ratchet straps and 3k lb climbing rope on order . Mother Nature is a cruel woman but hopefully the new rope and tie downs will be rugged enough

Saw one of the largest lakers I’ve seen on camera. Kept picking up my chum. Wouldn’t touch my jig nor smelt on the motorvator then swam away.
Not long, he shows back up with 3 of his little buddies. He had one go after my smelt. Caught him.
He then has the other one hit my jig, caught him.
And the other one hit the new smelt. Lost him.
The big one swims off.

Then the winds came in. 0 mph to 7 to 14 on up....saw 33 mph gusts. Water starting to freeze up. Time for the creepers.

Left the lake to get a haircut and when I got back I decided to check Tippin’s house. Going by the point, noticed Lush’s house was next to shore. Odd cause he had it over at the ledges.

Checked Tippins house and gave him an update. Just off the blocks but fine. He comes out and we fix it. All good.

Drove by Lush’s house back to mine, time to cusk fish.

Sat down, changed my jig set up for cusk. Right away felt weight and that tug. Set the hook and brought up a big cusk head into my hole. Instead of getting down to get it, I had flash back of tweaking my back, decided to lift it with my line.  As soon as his complete head was out of the water, he flailed his gills, shook his head and popped the hook. I watched him sink down the hole backwards what seemed like in slow motion back to safety.

Went to NFC FB page to post about the cusk and Lush had posted his house was gonzo.
LMAOF, it came undone and went from the ledges across the lake. Parked Nicely next to shore. They came and dragged it back across the lake, dem boyz r crazy. Lol.

Wind gust got up to 38 mph and moved my house almost off my blocks. I went out and pushed it back on the holes. I’m sure there’s a little extra in my laundry for CH.

one house I know of tipped over. Some others blown off blocks etc and Lush.

So here I sit writing this still in my bobhouse not really siked to leave. Don’t want to stay either. The wind is loud and the walls are moving. Wish the cusk would bite.

Good luck to those fishing the derby. Hard day for portables tomorrow. It’s suppose to be worse in terms of winds and most likely glare ice.
Be safe.
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline AllTenInches

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Get Ta Know Me Pal !!"
« Reply #245 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:44 AM »
Hey all I would just like to formally introduce myself to the circus. I go by the name AllTenInches and I am new to the whole thing so I figured I make it shanty official.  I can usually be found poundin holes... I mean drilling holes with Dipstick.  All of the circus crew were very responsive and a good crew to take time and chit chat when the bite was off. even with the wind gust of 60+ mph winds on Meredith derby saturday. AllTenInches "On the Boarrd"  "get ta Know Me Pal!"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #246 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Welcome AllTenInches.

For sure you and Dipstick are hard core. Braved the wind on Saturday. Hats off to you guys (cause the wind blew it off my head...kidding).
Sorry to see you guys got crowded off your spot.
Tippin ended up having some problems w them. They drilled a few holes around his house and 1 about 6-8 feet from his house then pissed in front of his door probably to get out of the wind on Sunday.  We don’t do that and I would assume common sense tells you not to do that. Always someone out there that ruins the day.
When Tippin showed up, they scrambled away from his house like they weren’t doing anything.

Anyways, Thanks for joining in on the fun and having a great sense of humor.

Stop by the house anytime to say hi.

Cheers guys.

Offline AllTenInches

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Get Ta Know Me Pal !!"
« Reply #247 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Ya Jiggin I was made aware of that after my nap in my sled. Saw them scramble like the smurfs they were when they saw Gargamel tehe. But ya A Lil respect on the Ice goes a long way.. Besides we are on the same team. Hope they learned a lesson. And to Tippins hope they make it up to ya

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #248 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Yup..welcome all 10...it’s all good fun on the radio with ya !!
Please stop by the house some time, saw what happened to you as well, bad fishing etiquette on that group all around ! ... sad to think but I’m sure they will be back for newfound derby
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #249 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:54 PM »
Need these flags for your shantys and hope they can read

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #250 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Anyone fishing today. Trying to get out just don't want to fish by myself
Here fishy fishy

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #251 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:54 PM »
2/16/19

Wellington beach parking wasn’t plowed out but parked there.

Slow day for me fishing. Had 3 lakers hanging around all day waiting for chum. They were hook smart too.

Did manage to yank up a cusk after dark.

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #252 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:27 AM »
My radio isnt working for some reason. But spent the night on the ice put 4 cusk in the house.3 at 10pm and one at 530am than a fat 17 inch laker at 8am. Havnt been out in 2 years feels good to be back

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #253 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Got a late start today...wanted to check the house more than anything as I hadn’t been out for a while. All was good! Never budged in those wicked winds. Fishing sucked today...in 6 hours saw 3 lakers just cruising with no interest in chum or my jig. Guess it was slow all around but heard a few “on the board” radio calls. Half the time I can’t figure out what you guys are talking about...angled houses and taint locations and slapping a ladybird on the hole to trigger a bite...lol
That’s why it’s called “the circus” I guess!
Oh and when I got to Wellington parking lot and went to unload the Argo one of my trailer ramps was missing...lost it on the road somewhere.
Unloaded the Argo with no ramps then at the end of the day I backed the trailer to a snowbank to load it. Easy peasy!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #254 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:26 PM »
My radio isnt working for some reason. But spent the night on the ice put 4 cusk in the house.3 at 10pm and one at 530am than a fat 17 inch laker at 8am. Havnt been out in 2 years feels good to be back

Welcome back Hounded!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #255 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:38 PM »
2/17/19

Took my time getting out to the lake today. Wanted to wait till the sun came up. My plans for today were to check with the underwater camera my next bounce to CH's hump.
Yesterday i blew a donut on CH's hump to mark the spot, went back today to check with the camera....looked great, flat next to a drop off, no rocks. Checked a few more spots while there but decided to set up right on her hump, her lovely lady hump. Went back and got the bob house, it's a bit of a haul but last several years there (when the ice permits) for the upcoming derby.
Set up and right away saw lakers and lost 3. Deeper water....
Later CH and our grandson came out. CH caught 2 and I ended up with 3.
3 of us had dinner in the bobhouse and rode into the sunset riding off the ice, nice way to close out the day.

Our Super Bowl on Newfound is this coming weekend. Good luck to those fishing it and be safe to those living in it.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #256 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:39 PM »
One of CH’s lakers

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #257 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:52 PM »
One of CH’s lakers

Nice catch! And what is your underwater fishing camera?
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #258 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:02 PM »
One of CH’s lakers

Cool colored jigs
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #259 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Our Super Bowl on Newfound is this coming weekend. Good luck to those fishing it and be safe to those living in it.

Great advice! Have fun and stay safe, especially on other people’s humps!😜😎
Looking forward to a great weekend!

Nice to entertain M&M and Bam. I was a bad host and caught the only 2 lakers. Had a nice visit from Tippin. Warned me about some annual palooza booza party. Scared to see what that’s about. Must be what Jiggin meant by be safe to those living it!🤣😂😉

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #260 on: Feb 18, 2019, 05:28 AM »
Nice catch! And what is your underwater fishing camera?

I use a C-Fish for waters 50 feet or shallower and for deeper water I use s MarCum.

Tippin just got an Eyoyo and seems to like it so far

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #261 on: Feb 18, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Cool colored jigs

She believes that lakers like pretty colored jigs. She’s has her own “CH special” pink and purple Bucktail. You can see them on her wall.
It seems to work for her.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #262 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Great advice! Have fun and stay safe, especially on other people’s humps!😜😎
Looking forward to a great weekend!

Nice to entertain M&M and Bam. I was a bad host and caught the only 2 lakers. Had a nice visit from Tippin. Warned me about some annual palooza booza party. Scared to see what that’s about. Must be what Jiggin meant by be safe to those living it!🤣😂😉

Thanks for the invite Captain we had a great time. Bamb caught a nice salmon on the way out. Eddie Spaghetti immediately cut the hook. He is a man among boys. Hope to see you this week if I can pull it off.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:46 AM »
I use a C-Fish for waters 50 feet or shallower and for deeper water I use s MarCum.

Tippin just got an Eyoyo and seems to like it so far

Sounds like a good family day jiggin...

I just got one of those eyoyo cams, great unit for the money, nice clear picture even in the mud puddles I chase bass in...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #264 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:36 PM »
I'm sure walking conditions are fairly tough right now. I'm still trying to decide where the best place to go for me this weekend. I'll be out, but I don't have a radio. I kept forgetting to order a new one.

I already have the new sweatshirt (I really like the design), so I can't be a poser. I actually have to Derby.  :)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #265 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:55 PM »
I'm sure walking conditions are fairly tough right now. I'm still trying to decide where the best place to go for me this weekend. I'll be out, but I don't have a radio. I kept forgetting to order a new one.

I already have the new sweatshirt (I really like the design), so I can't be a poser. I actually have to Derby.  :)

You can always come to the Dark Side. No cookies but we have beer.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Feb 18, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Maybe..... hmmmm.

I'm going to have Dajew with me and he gets bored easily. It might do him some good to be around other people lol.

If I come, I'll bring some damn cookies.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #267 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:49 AM »
How is the snow depth on newfound  this morning  is it walkable ? Thank you

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Feb 19, 2019, 09:48 AM »
Very walk-able but trudging through 5-6" of powder...not bad in my opinion. Windy today so last nights powder will be blowing.

Offline bigmike03785

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #269 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Hello Circus,  I have enjoyed reading the posts here today while at work.  Me and a buddy typically fish Newfound in the summer and have great luck with the rainbows.  We are planning to to head to the Derby this weekend and slay some Cusk and Lakers.  I'm even going to dust off the old Motorola so maybe we can hear everyone chatting.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.