Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63243 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #300 on: Mar 02, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Two updates.

3/1/2019

Unbelievable day weather wise. No wind, warm and saw lakers all day. Only got 1 and missed the hook set on 3.
Flew the drone for a bit.

Left the lake early to work on the Argo track. Getting good at taking off and putting on the track after so many times doing it.

3/2/2019

Another calm day. Overcast, warm and again no wind. 
Fishing was slow. Did manage to get one.
Flew the drone.
Hindsight I should of packed my sleeping gear. Currently 28f, no wind. Beautiful night to sleep out. 
Gonna give it a few more hours then call it a day.
Seems like a slow season compared to the epic numbers last season!
What was the problem with your Argo tracks?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #301 on: Mar 02, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Ah that explains it Capt. We hollered out to you but no answer.

Mowbizz, the track guides were rubbing the tire sidewalls. I went through one tire and another was getting weak.
Argo Adventures is a good place to get parts and talk to Ed. Anyways we’ve been trying a few things. Tighten up the track, loosening the track, tire pressure. What seemed to work the best is silicone lubricant spray from liquid wrench. Spray on the sidewalls only.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #302 on: Mar 02, 2019, 09:44 PM »

Mowbizz, the track guides were rubbing the tire sidewalls. I went through one tire and another was getting weak.
Argo Adventures is a good place to get parts and talk to Ed. Anyways we’ve been trying a few things. Tighten up the track, loosening the track, tire pressure. What seemed to work the best is silicone lubricant spray from liquid wrench. Spray on the sidewalls only.
Good tip! I know about the guides wearing down the sidewalls as it has been talked about on the Argo forum (6x6 world)
Something to watch for on mine.
I recently added Quad Boss tire sealant to my 6 tires based on great reviews on that forum. It not only stops the tires from losing air but will seal a half inch puncture. I have to get some liquid wrench silicone!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #303 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:53 AM »
What a gorgeous day Friday! Fished in a T-shirt. Slow fishing till around 4pm. From 4-4:45 I caught 3 lakers. All released to fight again. Only got pictures of 2. Nothing this morning. Couldn’t sign off, radio died. Had to be home early so left around 11:00.

Very nice Captain. Let me know your schedule this week Bamb308 and I would like to make another stop at the Dark Side to try to find our minds that we lost there the last time we were there.  :wacko:

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #304 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Very nice Captain. Let me know your schedule this week Bamb308 and I would like to make another stop at the Dark Side to try to find our minds that we lost there the last time we were there.  :wacko:

Planning to be out this weekend. Not sure what happens to you two when you visit. Bamb308 is a bad influence  ;D That being said you're both welcome any time.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #305 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:23 AM »

Usually I have both but only took one for some reason.  Forgot my backup batteries as well. Have to get my gofund me page up and running so I can get a base like you guys have. ;) Hope to be out Friday afternoon. 

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #306 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Planning to be out this weekend. Not sure what happens to you two when you visit. Bamb308 is a bad influence. That being said you're both welcome any time.

I will touch base the middle of the week.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #307 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:49 AM »
Hit the lake this weekend with not complaints fishing was good for us and was great meeting people also given a shout out to Laker Taker from Frank and Jeremy tight lines

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #308 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:19 PM »
3/3/2019

Made it to the lake a little later than i had hoped for...around 7:30 am.

Unbelievable day in terms of weather....a perfect March Ice Fishing Day! Hindsight I should of slept out last night in the bob house. Perfect conditions for that.

Unfortunately the bite was very slow. I ended the day with only 1 laker but missed the hook set 3 times on 1 laker. I called him Two Tone as half of his body was dark and the other half was very light in color. Never seen one like this but even though I missed him a few times and he felt the hook, he kept coming back for more. I'll be going back after him this coming weekend. Fished solo today as CH had a big "chores list" to get done and get ready for the up coming work week.

Flew the drone and got some decent video footage. Had to be careful as we have some low flying planes in the area.
Folks still driving trucks on the lake making big ruts in the snow. Thought a couple of them were going to get stuck (was hoping....)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #309 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Some pics from the weekend

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #310 on: Mar 04, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Good stuff Jiggin... Saturday was definitely some great ice shack camping weather. Good luck chasing the two toned one.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #311 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:04 PM »
I'm making the trip to the circus solo tomorrow, starting out of Wellington, but who knows where I will end up. I will be on the radio keeping you posted. I am on foot, but I have a spare vexilar if anyone wants to play.

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #312 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Dipstick.
Sent you a PM
Here fishy fishy

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #313 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:09 PM »
Big shout out to dipstick for popping my Laker cherry today. I got one hooked up to 2 more but lost em. Had white a few chase
Here fishy fishy

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #314 on: Mar 09, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Congrats Chiefsmike64!

Awesome day weather wise. We don’t get too many of them but this season we seem to. No complaints.

3/8/19

Had the day off. Started out cold but warmed up quickly. Hit 48f with little to no wind.
Flew the drone, got some good footage. Dipstick was a good sport. Thanks man. You put on a clinic for us today. Good show.

Ended the day with 3 lakers. 2 tone eluded me but he made a few appearance. I caught his buddy landing strip (has a line on his forehead).

Stayed the night, jigged up 4 cusk, all small.

Pics below no particular order.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Nice job jiggin! That sounds like an awesome day to be out on the ice

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #316 on: Mar 09, 2019, 12:57 PM »
Went for a few hours this morning caught 2. At Wellington. Left before it got crowded. Heading back out tomorrow for a full day.

Here fishy fishy

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #317 on: Mar 09, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Nice chiefmike. Your getting to be a pro! Only got 1 so far today. Really slow day.

Gonna put in another night out here tonight.

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #318 on: Mar 09, 2019, 03:25 PM »
I caught the 2 and missed 3 and just saw a ton on the flasher.

Now I just have to find a radio to chat with everyone
Here fishy fishy

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #319 on: Mar 09, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Always a good time at newfound, great scenery, and even better people. It's always fun to meet people on IS and hang out. Congrats chefmike, glad you got into them. If that lake was any closer I would probably lose my job!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #320 on: Mar 09, 2019, 08:46 PM »
3/9/2919

Nice night out, slept well.

Very slow day of fishing. Managed to pull 2 up. CH came out and joined me today. Unfortunately she didn’t catch any.

Staying the night again. Great conditions but Only 1 cusk so far.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #321 on: Mar 10, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Salm603

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #322 on: Mar 10, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Hey, Capt.
Who's the happy guy in the pic?  ;)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #323 on: Mar 10, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Hey, Capt.
Who's the happy guy in the pic?  ;)

Sorry CD.
I’m not allowed to comment on this picture other than to say it was the “catch” of the day! 😉

Offline Chefmike64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #324 on: Mar 10, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Took a friend out to try today. Basically got skunked besides a dozen or so small perch. Had a few chasers.

My buddy decided to drive out on the lake a got stuck a few times. Kept spinning his tires which I feel scared everything away. And with the whiteout snow there was I could remember where my holes I drilled were. So it was a rough day.
Here fishy fishy

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #325 on: Mar 10, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Sorry CD.
I’m not allowed to comment on this picture other than to say it was the “catch” of the day! 😉
Understood, Capt..
What goes on at the dark side, stays at the dark side..... @)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #326 on: Mar 11, 2019, 09:40 AM »
3/10/2019

Another great night to sleep out. No wind. Only a few cusk but all were small and released.

Woke up and clouds were moving in and low. Created a complete white out for most of the day. Started snowing around 8am and pretty heavy.

Managed to get a 22” Laker and another small one.

From out of no where I hear a knock on my door. It was a guy who got his truck stuck driving on the lake. Was planning to go to Pasquaney bay from Wellington but due to the amount of snow decided to stop at Whittemore point. Then got stuck and needed a shovel or some help.
I radioed Tippin and Pyscho and the 3 of us got him moving along, getting stuck every so often all the way back to Wellington. We helped him all the way there. Wish they wouldn’t drive out in their trucks, not a fan. He did mention that the funny part is he has a snowmobile. Didn’t laugh. Took me away from getting another laker that I was playing with. I showed him on the fish finder while I got dressed (bibs, boots etc). Was planning to stay in my PJ’s all day.
Good deed done and back to fishing.

Hated to but left the lake around 4pm to go back to the real world.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #327 on: Mar 11, 2019, 10:41 AM »
You gotta keep some local towing business cards in your shack so when someone comes looking for help you can give it to them lol... I hope he atleast offered up dinner or gas money for the argo or something. I'm all for helping people but you gotta wonder about somebody who drives on a snowy lake when its 40 out and they don't expect the slush to grab hold...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #328 on: Mar 11, 2019, 11:23 AM »
3/10/2019

Another great night to sleep out. No wind. Only a few cusk but all were small and released.

Woke up and clouds were moving in and low. Created a complete white out for most of the day. Started snowing around 8am and pretty heavy.

Managed to get a 22” Laker and another small one.

From out of no where I hear a knock on my door. It was a guy who got his truck stuck driving on the lake. Was planning to go to Pasquaney bay from Wellington but due to the amount of snow decided to stop at Whittemore point. Then got stuck and needed a shovel or some help.
I radioed Tippin and Pyscho and the 3 of us got him moving along, getting stuck every so often all the way back to Wellington. We helped him all the way there. Wish they wouldn’t drive out in their trucks, not a fan. He did mention that the funny part is he has a snowmobile. Didn’t laugh. Took me away from getting another laker that I was playing with. I showed him on the fish finder while I got dressed (bibs, boots etc). Was planning to stay in my PJ’s all day.
Good deed done and back to fishing.

Hated to but left the lake around 4pm to go back to the real world.

you've got a big heart, who in their right mind drives onto the frozen, snow covered lake with out so much as a snow shovel...I guess common sense aint so common anymore..
Maybe that good deed will get old two tone to bite..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #329 on: Mar 11, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Big heart for sure JIGGIN!
Just add water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.