Author Topic: tow behind sleigh  (Read 11902 times)

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
tow behind sleigh
« on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:45 AM »
OK I would like to see what all of you guys and gals use to gt all of your stuff out to the ice.

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tow behind sleigh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:49 AM »
I have a large otter 2 sled for early ice or for when a buddy is coming with for behind my wheeler.  If thereare 3 of us I have a dog sled type thing that I hook behind the wheeler.  2 of us on the Wheeler and one of us (not me I drive) gets to stand on the back of the sled and yell "Mush!" ;D
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:50 AM »
Equinox Trailboggan, bought from Costco last winter. Tow's great behind the little Tundra, even when fully loaded, although I haven't had it in the deep fluffy stuff, or slush yet.

Has enough room for the 10" Jiffy, tent and poles, axe, shovel, spud bar, 2-3 buckets worth of gear, tackle bag, rod case and small cooler to keep food and bait from freezing.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Yamaha 450 Griz. auto, drop rack basket, dog sled and trekker II.......works for me...

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:19 AM »
That dog sled is great.I am thinking about making one out of aluminum that is flat and can handle 2 clam guides

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:29 AM »
That dog sled is great.I am thinking about making one out of aluminum that is flat and can handle 2 clam guides

Yep they're nice.  I was in the right place at the right time and got it for a song and dance...usually they're around $250+ in this state........ The one in the pics. does collapse for storing......pulls really nice......has a spot in back for someone to stand on while towing...the back hitch is actually an extra hitch I had for my quad...just bolted it on and bingo hook up trekker and fly across the lake......had it up to 45 mph and no spills...I don't recommend that speed but a guy has to try sometime.....lol.

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for the pics I am going to have to copy it,just a little not alot LOL

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I have an Equinox trailboggan for some days. I also pull a fishtrap Guide the other days.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:28 AM »

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:15 PM »

Gonna have to get my recreation doubles stamp soon!! I didn't take all that I wanted either!!

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Snohiker, that sleigh is incredible! I love the built in stove, that is an awesome idea. Great work, and thanks for sharing!
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Either the FT Voyager

Or the Ice Castle

Need to get some newer pictures now that we have ice and snow.

Offline stevie ray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2010, 04:44 PM »

Yep they're nice.  I was in the right place at the right time and got it for a song and dance...usually they're around $250+ in this state........ The one in the pics. does collapse for storing......pulls really nice......has a spot in back for someone to stand on while towing...the back hitch is actually an extra hitch I had for my quad...just bolted it on and bingo hook up trekker and fly across the lake......had it up to 45 mph and no spills...I don't recommend that speed but a guy has to try sometime.....lol.

(Image removed from quote.) 

(Image removed from quote.)

Wally-eye, Do you know the manufacture of your dog sled? I am looking for one.

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:18 AM »
I believe it's home-made, no brand name anywhere that I can see........I didn't build it but whoever did knew what they were doing.......  I'll sell it for $175.00 cash....

Offline stevie ray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Thanks, nice offer. don't think I could use enough to justify.

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2010, 09:54 PM »
I completely rebuilt and modified this sleigh a few years ago. It was originally built by my father decades ago, intended for muskrat trapping. The skis were fashioned from either an old culvert or a metal grain bin section.

The box/frame is now quite a bit taller to fit regular 5-gal pails upright, and I added a good lid. At the rear is a special mount for a propane tank, or a passenger can rest his/her feet on the platform while sitting on the box (facing backwards, that is).

Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Here's my version.  Two calf sleds from TSC "clam shelled" together with 4 door hinges.  I leave the standard pins in the back two hinges, and use removable wire lock pins on the front hinges for easy access. 

Refinements include a "transom" inside the back end of the bottom sled made from 1/8" aluminum plate, and a u-bolt to hitch more sleds to it.  I also added some foam topper tape to the upper sled to help seal out any snow or slush. 

A Rubber Made Action Packer fits tight in the back; I use it to haul extra clothes and camera gear.  The rest gets filled up a bait bucket, shovel, fish cooler, Coleman stove, and the tip up rocket launcher.  Works great!

Jim Carroll NPAA#13

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2010, 07:48 PM »
I love these, I need to make something just like these for behind my 4wheeler

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I got this from Craigslist.

I am going to fix it up and use it this season.

HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.