Author Topic: fishing reports?  (Read 6502 times)

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
fishing reports?
« on: Dec 10, 2003, 06:56 AM »
Does anyone have any current reports on the action at Last Mountain or the fishing lakes?  It would be nice to know what's happening up at the Swansons Point, Spring Bay, Fox's Point, Wee-Too area, as well as out at Echo.  Pelican Point was pretty dead on Sunday (a dozen holes only produced a couple of perch), and the great walleye fishing of 2 weeks ago at Pasqua seems to be all over now.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline powderburns

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:fishing reports?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2003, 08:13 AM »
Does anyone go on westerncanadafishing? I've been trying 2 get on there for a couple of months now. Can't get on. Any info would Be appreciated.

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2003, 05:56 PM »
if you want western canada fishing the address is
www.westerncanadafishi ng.net travis had to change his address because of problems  

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2003, 05:59 PM »
hope this is the one you are looking for

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2003, 06:55 PM »
Buzzbomb,  my father in law fishes last mountain regularly, as he lives only minutes away.  Has been pretty slow so far.  He mostly fishes the north end at the park.  I hope it picks up soon.  I'm heading down there and will be fishing last mountain several days after christmas.  I have fished near the park in the past and have pulled 100+ perch through the ice in a matter of several hours.  Usually hit the odd burbot(dogfish) there too.  I took a twelve pound pike there one day on four pound test mono. No leader...If things are slow at christmas, guess I'll have to venture farther south to deeper flats.  Looking forward to it...

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2003, 10:32 PM »
Just as a matter of interest-Ft.Quappelle paper carried a picture of a guy from Lipton that caught a 9.1 lb. walleye through the ice on Mission last week.
Thanks Walleyguy for the link to westerncanadafishing,I too, have been looking for it.

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:23 AM »
Just as a matter of interest-Ft.Quappelle paper carried a picture of a guy from Lipton that caught a 9.1 lb. walleye through the ice on Mission last week.
Thanks Walleyguy for the link to westerncanadafishing,I too, have been looking for it.
Echo had a decent walleye bite going all morning the 14th, though no 8 and 9#ers this weekend.  It can be hard to drop a hook through all the tullibees.  My friend told me all walleyes over 2 1/2 # were muddy tasting last week from that lake, so we kept 1 only  3lb and the others smaller and it was a little lakey tasting.  I'd found all 'eyes from Last Mountain to be muddy in the fall after middle of Sept, so stopped killing any after that date to end of open water, but muddy fish thru the ice is a new one on me.  
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.