Author Topic: deif report  (Read 1449 times)

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
deif report
« on: Jan 04, 2005, 10:53 PM »
my father is a whitefish eater,smoker,pickler.etc.so we had to take 3 limits of them.call us slobs if you like. also landed 2 rainbows both3-4lb range.ice is 12-14 inches thick.we did try for rainbows in shallow water but had no luck and moved to 40ft for whites.1 cisco.very frigid weather.I believe the rainbows will pick up further away from the full moon.say a week or so.according to my  diary.we will have to see

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
Re: deif report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2005, 09:34 AM »
  what part of dief were you fishing?  and were people driving on the portion you were fishing?  I have had good luck on the north portion of the lake in the coulees for northerns and whites . I have seen some huge rainbows that were not interested in the lures i was using  ( small jigging spoons with power bait or egg sucking leeches)
any info you could provide would be great thanks.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: deif report
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2005, 01:15 PM »
  what part of dief were you fishing?  and were people driving on the portion you were fishing?  I have had good luck on the north portion of the lake in the coulees for northerns and whites . I have seen some huge rainbows that were not interested in the lures i was using  ( small jigging spoons with power bait or egg sucking leeches)
any info you could provide would be great thanks.
we try to fish all over the lake as this is the only way to learn in my humble opinion.also it seems these fish in this lake really move around.Ill tell you a story of a fish i seen in shallow water with a green jig and 1 ft. of line trailing.well the very next day while fishing 3 km away it showed up again.how do i know it wasn't a coincidence?well he also had a lateral scar just behind the dorsal fin.
we fished the farm coulee and yes we drove on the ice.I would not recommend driving all over the lake though.this is a lake with moving water.
as for bait well the fish at the farm are fed pellets so we use trout chews.we wrap them in nylon and attach that to our no.10 trebble so we do not have to reload very often.I am mostly a rainbow fisher but had the father with me and again he likes the whites for canning.would love to do more pike fishin though. the south of the lake is said to hold more pike from what Ive been told.i just like eatin them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.