The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Offset Handle for a strikemaster lazer?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline mnifn_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
Offset Handle for a strikemaster lazer?
« on: Nov 18, 2018, 02:54 PM »
This will be my second year on the ice and last year i purchased a 8" Lazer (i probably should have gotten a 6 but im super new and when i purchased it they only had 4" and 8" in stock, I was omw out to go ice fishing that day so i needed one so impulsively i bought the big one thinking i want to catch big fish)
ANYWAY, i've been searching online to find the cheapest way i can make my hole drilling experience as easy as possible. I don't have a drill good enough to power an 8" auger so i was looking to maybe get an offset handle? i've read that Strike master used to make them but stopped? In all I only have an 18 volt drill so i don't think that will be powerful enough to get the job done so i thought a handle upgrade could help.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Offset Handle for a strikemaster lazer?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:02 PM »
I use a m18 Milwaukee drill on my 6” lazer , some guys use it for 8”

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:39 PM »
I looked into the offset handle but it’s no longer available on any website I could find. You might be able to email them and see if there’s any in the warehouse still as they use to offer it. Otherwise, one of the new brushless drills (you’ll want at least 800lb torque) paired with a clam plate will make your seasons MUCH more pleasant. Check the deal thread as there’s info on getting rigid drill and batteries at a great price. I have the 7” lazer and I thought that was too much once there was more than 12” of ice. Got a 725lb drill and plate, now I Have to remind myself to stop drilling and start fishing lol.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:52 PM »
Trophy strike makes an of set handle on their 6 inch hand auger(NOTE: say 5.5 in cutting dia) … not certain it would fit an SM .

https://trophystrike.com/product/6-in-hand-ice-auger/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Mini Nero Handles are offset as well. I know it fits on the Eskimo hand augers so it should work on Strikemaster.
<===Lefty===

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 06:41 PM »
This will be my second year on the ice and last year i purchased a 8" Lazer (i probably should have gotten a 6 but im super new and when i purchased it they only had 4" and 8" in stock, I was omw out to go ice fishing that day so i needed one so impulsively i bought the big one thinking i want to catch big fish)
ANYWAY, i've been searching online to find the cheapest way i can make my hole drilling experience as easy as possible. I don't have a drill good enough to power an 8" auger so i was looking to maybe get an offset handle? i've read that Strike master used to make them but stopped? In all I only have an 18 volt drill so i don't think that will be powerful enough to get the job done so i thought a handle upgrade could help.
You should list your location. If you were close by (to western mass) I'd let you try a offset handle. I have a couple bought when Strikemaster sold them as an accessory. One might be for sale.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2018, 07:12 PM »
They haven't had an offset handle in stock for more than a few years.  I had asked years ago back before I owned a nils. Ironically I had purchased the Nils from Damn Yankee. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.