Author Topic: Hello, new to forum and Ice fishing  (Read 647 times)

Offline IPAinmyveins

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello, new to forum and Ice fishing
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm getting some beginner gear and watching craigslist of other deals, starting to get excited about getting out on the ice!  I'll probably try going to Chambers Lake sometime soon (based in Fort Collins), any tips for a newbie?

I'm enjoying all the great information on the forum and hopefully I can contribute soon!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something."

-Mitch Hedberg

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hello, new to forum and Ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm getting some beginner gear and watching craigslist of other deals, starting to get excited about getting out on the ice!  I'll probably try going to Chambers Lake sometime soon (based in Fort Collins), any tips for a newbie?

I'm enjoying all the great information on the forum and hopefully I can contribute soon!

For chambers:  snow shoes if you can, standard 3” tubes, 2-3” are good too,  tip with sucker meat, I’ve used large spoons but have better luck with the large roadrunner jig heads and 3” white or chartreuse curly tail jigs.  I fish in deep water on the north east side of the lake but not in a few years.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Welcome to hard water fishing, IPA.  Get a couple more posts so I can PM you, and I'll see if we can work out something so I can take you over to North Park and get you started.
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2018, 05:54 PM »
delete
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline IPAinmyveins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Welcome to hard water fishing, IPA.  Get a couple more posts so I can PM you, and I'll see if we can work out something so I can take you over to North Park and get you started.

That sounds great, none of my current friend group ice fish so I'd love to learn from people with experience!  I haven't been able to find how many posts i need to unlock PM's (and I don't want to just spam) but I'm going to try to build a smitty sled this weekend and go fishing so hopefully I'll have some content (sled build, lake conditions, a hole in the ice pic) to share.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something."

-Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.