Author Topic: Granby weekend Jan 8  (Read 768 times)

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
Granby weekend Jan 8
« on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:34 PM »
The dealer in my hometown was out of snowmobile permits so we hoped that they would have some here in Granby, Well got to Granby tonight about 530, ran over to power world to get  permits and they were out said even the forest service hasn't had any for almost a week.  So we headed to the hotel (spirit lake lodge) cause only place we could find that would allow my dog and realized we forgot the suckers at home as well, there's no where to plug in my diesel so hopefully it starts in the morning.  We will be headed back to Granby to pick up some suckers and then we will be end up on the lake at some point most likely walking out to try and catch some fish.  I've got one place to call in the morning around 9 to see if they have any permits.  Hopefully we catch some decent fish after having such a bad luck start. I'll post tomorrow with how we did and ice conditions

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Granby weekend Jan 8
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:28 PM »
Good luck man after a bad start

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:31 PM »
It will be a good weekend regardless since we will be ice fishing, just a frustrating start, but thanks I'll post some pics

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2016, 04:07 AM »
I'm headed up there in 30 minutes from the Springs.  I'll be on a white Arctic Cat, my buddy on a black Polaris.  Probably heading north out of Sunset to fish by the marina if the pressure ridges allow.  Maybe we'll see you out there.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:31 AM »
The dealer in my hometown was out of snowmobile permits so we hoped that they would have some here in Granby, Well got to Granby tonight about 530, ran over to power world to get  permits and they were out said even the forest service hasn't had any for almost a week.  So we headed to the hotel (spirit lake lodge) cause only place we could find that would allow my dog and realized we forgot the suckers at home as well, there's no where to plug in my diesel so hopefully it starts in the morning.  We will be headed back to Granby to pick up some suckers and then we will be end up on the lake at some point most likely walking out to try and catch some fish.  I've got one place to call in the morning around 9 to see if they have any permits.  Hopefully we catch some decent fish after having such a bad luck start. I'll post tomorrow with how we did and ice conditions

I think you can still go to the CO DOW website and purchase them online.  Before logging off you can print a temporary or copy of the transaction.  It worked ok for me on Blue Mesa once even though the ranger hadn't seen one before. 

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2016, 11:59 AM »
I think you can still go to the CO DOW website and purchase them online.  Before logging off you can print a temporary or copy of the transaction.  It worked ok for me on Blue Mesa once even though the ranger hadn't seen one before.

That's what I do with my 4 wheeler.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Ya I've done that before but since I haven't had these 2 sleds registered in my name before I cannot do that, anyways we ended up hitting the ice today for a somewhat slow day.  Marked quite a few fish but I only got 2 to take one outa 40 fow the other out of 120.  Both on the same chartreuse airplane jig.  We had a lot of lookers but they just didn't seem to want to bite, we had good ice 6-8" where we were at but crossing the pressure ridge off of sunset I hit water sacred the heck outa me so be careful on those pressure ridges guys.  We're headed back out in the morning early see what happens.  O and just a great end to the day ended up taking my 300 dollar sled ramp and turning it into 5 pieces after loading one sled.  Better get my refund back on that thing POS. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.