Author Topic: help please  (Read 485 times)

Offline Copanfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
help please
« on: Dec 03, 2015, 01:22 AM »
Me and a buddy are in search of a good place to catch some warm water species and pike thru the ice. Any info would be great cause I got a feeling we are gonna have to cancel our Nebraska trip.

Offline Copanfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2015, 01:41 AM »
Or even some help with some Mackinaw fishing. Don't worry I don't keep Mackinaw, just never ice fished for them. Thinking about Blue Mesa or Twin Lakes

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Up here in the mts williamsfork in res. has both pike and lakers! Front range guys can point you into more warm water species down there!

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2015, 09:06 AM »
No lakers here, but we got some good pike in Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap.
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2015, 09:57 AM »
For lakers Twin is good But it won't be ready until the end of Dec. That lake freezes slow due to its depth and the power plant that keeps the water warmer longer. For the warm water best bet is going to be Chatty, Cherry Creek, Atown, but again they freeze late and sometimes not safe at all. It all depends on the weather. Colorado is one of the few places in the same day you can be fishing dry flies on the river turn around and fish from you boat in open water and Be ice fishing on frozen lakes . Just so many ways to fish here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.