Author Topic: Good Job Clam!!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline WYOBEAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good Job Clam!!
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:07 AM »
I just want to say thanks to Clam.  I had a problem with a gear box for the Clam Plate and after a quick call into their Customers Support my problem was handled in a fast, professional manor.   They treated me better then a lot of companies in this day and age.   I will continue to support Clam and other companies like them! 

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Good Job Clam!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2019, 01:04 AM »
the Customer service department is great to work with. considering that there is only four people that make up the whole department they do a very good job handling the thousands of calls and emails each ice season. having personally worked with all four of them it is amazing how much stuff they get done each day.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2019, 05:23 AM »
the Customer service department is great to work with. considering that there is only four people that make up the whole department they do a very good job handling the thousands of calls and emails each ice season. having personally worked with all four of them it is amazing how much stuff they get done each day.
You had posted a picture of the clam crew. I was amazed that the operation is so small! Don't know how they do it.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:16 AM »
Great  that they took care of you, nice to hear about good customer service!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2019, 01:42 PM »
You had posted a picture of the clam crew. I was amazed that the operation is so small! Don't know how they do it.
Keep it safe! JDL

that pic was the full time year round employees. each season they bring in a crew of temps to help do all the boxing on all the different houses and they even prebuild a certain number of houses each season too. then they bring in another group of temps to help pull orders and do the shipping. those temp that do the pulling and shipping are over seen by the head of shipping who is a full time year round employee.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2019, 02:00 PM »
I was reading the post and decided to call Clam about my Cabela's 360 ice shelter. I had two issues, one the zipper is hard to close and sometimes we couldn't close it at all because of fear of breaking the zipper. The second was that the shelter would jump around in high wind.

For the zipper it turns out that we correct in pulling or pushing the shelter poles to be able to close and they are designed to be tight. For the wind problem they said to put the tiedowns only 6" from the skirt so the tent is being pulled down, completely opposite from a normal tent.

You were correct the customer was great.

JG

Offline Tom1983

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2019, 10:47 AM »
Good to know!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.