The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Link to petition for walleye reintroduced back into the waterbury reservoir.  (Read 2016 times)

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm in. Vermont needs more quality walleye waters. I can think of a few more that would be perfect. Morey comes to mind. Very similar to Carmi.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Trout Unlimited will probably fight that proposal tooth and nail.NH tried to add walleyes to Moore resevoir and TU fought hard and successfully to stop the walleye stocking.

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
Signed it.  I think that is a great idea.  They would do well in that body of water.  Best thing the state could do for walleye would be to put a fish ladder on the Mississquoi so walleye could get above the dam in town.  It's prime spawning habitat above that dam for several miles.  The dam thing (Ha Ha) is only about 8' high.  The cost would be minimal for the return on investment.  For the life of me I can't understand why it hasn't been done yet. 

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
I signed it. They should’ve repopulated it after they put the dam in. Trout don’t belong there anyways lol
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Ice-n-Snow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trout Unlimited will probably fight that proposal tooth and nail.NH tried to add walleyes to Moore resevoir and TU fought hard and successfully to stop the walleye stocking.

Yes, let us all bow before the gods of wild trout while we ignore the inconvenient truth that the walleye is Vermont's official warm water fish species but there is nearly nowhere left in the state to catch them.           

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Signed it.  I think that is a great idea.  They would do well in that body of water.  Best thing the state could do for walleye would be to put a fish ladder on the Mississquoi so walleye could get above the dam in town.  It's prime spawning habitat above that dam for several miles.  The dam thing (Ha Ha) is only about 8' high.  The cost would be minimal for the return on investment.  For the life of me I can't understand why it hasn't been done yet.

The best thing for the Mississquoi fish populations would be removal of the Swanton dam...https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/a-fish-story-the-battle-to-remove-swanton-dam/Content?oid=2416813.

https://vtdigger.org/2016/07/18/state-frustrated-with-villages-inaction-on-leaky-dam/

https://www.vpr.org/post/swanton-plans-dam-renovation-environmentalists-call-demolition#stream/0

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dunmore should be next

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Hopefully it works out. Length restrictions on vessels would be another thing to help the fishing on the reservoir.
Wake boats and water skiing are ruining that lake.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
We need to focus on stocking fish loke walleye and musky. Thats what people want to catch not 6” ugly stocked trout. Just my opinion

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular

Stocking Walleyes in Moore Dam was a 'no brainer' in my mind -- Moore, being fed by the Connecticut River, is better suited habitat for Walleyes than trout anyway -- besides, it already has a well-established pike & bass predator population anyway -- what additional harm could adding Walleyes to the mix do...!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.