The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fished Colchester Pond and Indian Brook res today  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fished Colchester Pond and Indian Brook res today
« on: Dec 20, 2014, 07:19 PM »
My son and I ventured onto Colchester Pond this morning ... we were the first ones on the ice I believe, as we didn't see any old holes.  We went out very carefully, drilling holes every 10' or so at first, but there was plenty of ice.  Just no fish.  There was probably 3-4" of white ice with an inch of black ice underneath.  Met "FishhawkVT" there, he was cruising around checking ice conditions ... it was nice to meet you, Mike.  My son caught 1 keeper perch and we caught 2 other smaller ones and that was it.  We didn't stray too far from the access, though.

We then headed to Indian Brook and there were several people fishing there.  I didn't see anybody having much action and we didn't catch a thing.  There was probably 6-7" of ice there ... about half white ice and half good black ice.

It was beautiful day and at least we got out and got some lines wet.

Good luck everyone and be careful!

Offline FishHawkVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fished Colchester Pond and Indian Brook res today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:01 AM »
Crayfish2 - nice to meet you and your son yesterday! It was a beautiful day with the sun and no wind and it was very tempting to run home, grab some gear, and head back - unfortunately I had other things that required my attention. Heading out later this morning - the Marcum is all charged up and I have a couple of rods rigged and ready for action. Going to travel light and move around a bit to see what I can find. No great expectations, just need to satisfy the craving and get out for a bit. Purchased a new spud yesterday so I can check as I go. Sure hope the weather mid-week doesn't hurt what ice we've accumulated so far. Maybe we'll bump into one another again this season - good luck and be safe!

Offline FlyPredatorVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:04 AM »
I hit Indian Brook yesterday with my girlfriend. We were only there a couple of hours and didn't get anything. The ice was anywhere from 6 to 7 inches or so with about 2/3 of it being white ice. Lots and lots of old holes out there already.
Avid fly angler, rookie ice fisherman, lifetime fish geek

Offline Mcpherson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2019, 01:15 PM »
I just found this thread when searching Google about Indian brook. Where are you guys parking to fish it? I can't find any info about where to park.

Also, anyone know where you can park to fish Mill Pond in Colchester or Pond brook in Colchester?

Thanks!

Offline Mobile steez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2019, 08:53 PM »
they have two different parking lots on site for indian brook - im unsure about the others though

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.