Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1680087 times)

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3450 on: Oct 26, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Anyone have any leads on where I could find the best deal for a striker suit this time of year? Or am I better off waiting for one of the ice shows and buy it there?

I bought one from Dick's a couple years ago and used a one day 25% off coupon on it. Sign up for their emails, and keep an eye out

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3451 on: Oct 26, 2018, 10:13 AM »
did the same and bought my wife one while i was at it. seems like black friday is when to watch for deals.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3452 on: Oct 26, 2018, 10:16 AM »
how's free sound?

Win a Striker Climate Suit + Accessories Valued at $925!

https://strikerbrands.com/

Ha, thanks, I am actually signed up for that. Though I think I may have used up my luck already this year when I won a pair of Clam Renegade gloves AND a Clam Spearfisher hub house a month or so ago.

I'll definitely sign-up for the Dick's emails.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3453 on: Oct 26, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Get while they are available! 4 or 5 styles of jigging minnow/rap lures limited quantity and colors available. The "zt" lures have two owner trebles and a built in swivel. I just bought 41 ice lures for $2.50 each or less! Can't wait for that box to come in!!!

https://sportsmensdirect.com/sale/

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3454 on: Oct 26, 2018, 11:22 AM »
I bought one from Dick's a couple years ago and used a one day 25% off coupon on it. Sign up for their emails, and keep an eye out
be careful ordering from Dicks if you order during Black Friday sales. Last year, I ordered a pair of Predator bibs during the 25% off sale and the order was cancelled.  They claimed they "didn't have any in stock", but when I called customer service and complained, they gave me a 30% off coupon.  I reordered and bang, they were here three days later.  Something fishy is going on there.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3455 on: Oct 26, 2018, 11:31 AM »
i just found out buying shoes from them does not have free mail exchanges. you have to mail the shoes back for a credit or hand deliver them in store and if you want to try again you have to order another pair.
not cool.

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3456 on: Oct 26, 2018, 11:39 AM »
be careful ordering from Dicks if you order during Black Friday sales. Last year, I ordered a pair of Predator bibs during the 25% off sale and the order was cancelled.  They claimed they "didn't have any in stock", but when I called customer service and complained, they gave me a 30% off coupon.  I reordered and bang, they were here three days later.  Something fishy is going on there.

A similar thing happened when I ordered but they took care of it, I think I ended up paying $156 for the bibs (because they were in stock) and they gave me the 25% off price for the jacket (the price I payed before it was cancelled because of lack of stock) and then took an additional 20% so I payed like $120 for the jacket.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3457 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:01 PM »
A similar thing happened when I ordered but they took care of it, I think I ended up paying $156 for the bibs (because they were in stock) and they gave me the 25% off price for the jacket (the price I payed before it was cancelled because of lack of stock) and then took an additional 20% so I payed like $120 for the jacket.
I am not sure how true this is, but I did hear something going around last year where Striker refused to airdrop all the orders they had because Dicks went below the price Striker set for it. If that was true, it does make sense.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3458 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Dick Smiths just added the Penguin Violator to it's line up. Not really a deal, but it's pretty cool and glows in the dark.

https://www.dicksmithslivebait.com/

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3459 on: Oct 26, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Ironic that this also corresponds with their switching from Visa to MasterCard

I am guessing that Johnny Morris killed the discounted gift cards from SVM.   Likely has nothing to do with the credit cards.  I have purchased over 20 of the $100 gift cards and in August bought some Swarovski binos for almost 30% off.  Unheard of price...  Check eBay often looking for more...
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3460 on: Oct 27, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Anyone know if Clam ever runs deals online, maybe around cyber Monday? Have to buy some stuff directly on the website and would like to hold out for better pricing.
Tight Lines!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3461 on: Oct 27, 2018, 10:22 AM »
portable buddy heater at Dicks for $79.98 plus $10 off $50 purchase coupon in their flier

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3462 on: Oct 27, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Anyone know if Clam ever runs deals online, maybe around cyber Monday? Have to buy some stuff directly on the website and would like to hold out for better pricing.

Don't recall ever seeing a code or discount offered on their site...they kind of encourage  you to buy it retail. What exactly you looking for that you cant find retail ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3463 on: Oct 28, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Today only @ FishUSA - Take off $15 with purchase of $80 or more. Code: SUNDAY15. Free economy shipping over $50 too.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3464 on: Oct 28, 2018, 01:18 PM »
anyone looking for a Otter ice house should check out www.icehunters.net  They got some great prices for the new x over houses. $590 for a cabin, $690 for a lodge. Probably won't find a better price. Grab one before they are gone.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3465 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:26 PM »
anyone looking for a Otter ice house should check out www.icehunters.net  They got some great prices for the new x over houses. $590 for a cabin, $690 for a lodge. Probably won't find a better price. Grab one before they are gone.

Where do you see those prices? Quick look and I see them listing the cabin at $729, which is higher than most stores...
https://www.icehunters.net/product-page/the-xt-cabin

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3466 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Don't recall ever seeing a code or discount offered on their site...they kind of encourage  you to buy it retail. What exactly you looking for that you cant find retail ?

I’m looking for a carry bag for my Hub shelter and I need a large and they’ve only car small on their website, waiting in a response from Clam.
Tight Lines!

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3467 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Where do you see those prices? Quick look and I see them listing the cabin at $729, which is higher than most stores...
https://www.icehunters.net/product-page/the-xt-cabin

I actually came across it on Facebook market place ad. It had the prices there on the listing along with the website.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/109235952428906?ref=bookmark

not sure if that link will work. I just searched "Otter insulated" in Marketplace and it came up.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3468 on: Oct 28, 2018, 05:33 PM »

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3469 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Great deal if you're building a larger shack or just want a new floor....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IDRWPG8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=850f0a42db1311e8946aca32e05c6d670INT&ie=UTF8&th=1

144 sq ft for $68 and change ain't bad for the puzzle foam.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3470 on: Oct 28, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Okuma Stratus V Spinning Reel
NOW: $24.97 (58% off!)
WAS: $59.99*
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/okuma-stratus-v-spinning-reel-15okuustrtsv10spnree/15okuustrtsv10spnree?
Any feedback from guys on these reels for icefishing? The reviews look really great for open water. Thanks!  Also, thanks for posting!  Don’t forget to get 10% off with email sign up.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3471 on: Oct 28, 2018, 09:30 PM »
speaking of dicks, some good treestand deals, especially with $20/$100. lots at 50% off. anyone know if the deals on treestand will get better than this? I hate shopping at dicks but sometimes you cant beat their coupons https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/f/tree-stands

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3472 on: Oct 28, 2018, 09:32 PM »
Any feedback from guys on these reels for icefishing? The reviews look really great for open water. Thanks!  Also, thanks for posting!  Don’t forget to get 10% off with email sign up.
Idk about actual performance on the ice yet, but they do need to be cleaned and re lubed with winter appropriate grease and oil. I got one for this season and got it re lubed and put together with line. I may get another one or two, but might also go with a Shimano or Pflueger if a deal comes up.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3473 on: Oct 29, 2018, 07:20 AM »
speaking of dicks, some good treestand deals, especially with $20/$100. lots at 50% off. anyone know if the deals on treestand will get better than this? I hate shopping at dicks but sometimes you cant beat their coupons https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/f/tree-stands

They definitely continue to drop their prices on the treestand as the season goes on. It was many years ago so I don't remember the specifics but I can recall buying stands in December. I don't think they were much more than 50% off though - that's a really good deal for right now.

Just so happens I have a $50 gift card from a golf tournament raffle  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3474 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:00 AM »

They definitely continue to drop their prices on the treestand as the season goes on. It was many years ago so I don't remember the specifics but I can recall buying stands in December. I don't think they were much more than 50% off though - that's a really good deal for right now.

Just so happens I have a $50 gift card from a golf tournament raffle  ;D
thanks for the Insight. they also have 20% off today only, a few stands are 50% already and some 30-40% not too bad of a deal. free shipping over $55 I think

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3475 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Believe the 20% off only works on non sales items.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3476 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Believe the 20% off only works on non sales items.
damn. must be the "some exclusions" that "apply"
I wonder I'd the $20/100 they frequently run would work

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3477 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:52 PM »
 Just a heads up. I went back to my shopping cart at Dick’s and instead of 10% off that I had yesterday, for some reason it was giving me 20% off. My total bill was only $80. Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the fishing reels yet as I am not sure on the quality.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3478 on: Oct 29, 2018, 10:49 PM »
i bought two. one was the display. they are 8 bearing and looks and feels like good quality to me. i use okuma aluma 10 (bought a case of them) for ice fishing and the aluma 10 are not as good, if that tells you any thing. i never had to remove grease from any reel i've bought except for eagle claw in-lines that i couldn't get rid of those fast enough.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3479 on: Oct 29, 2018, 11:22 PM »
i bought two. one was the display. they are 8 bearing and looks and feels like good quality to me. i use okuma aluma 10 (bought a case of them) for ice fishing and the aluma 10 are not as good, if that tells you any thing. i never had to remove grease from any reel i've bought except for eagle claw in-lines that i couldn't get rid of those fast enough.
You got me! I bought two #10 and two #35. Couldn’t pass up the 20% off today only. ;D  Thanks again for sharing this deal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.