Author Topic: Stopping line twist  (Read 1751 times)

Offline darossman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jumping through my icehole!
Stopping line twist
« on: Jan 04, 2004, 07:35 PM »
What is the best way to eliminate line twist?  Vertical jigging really seems to twist my line.  I have used barrel swivels to slow the process.  I don't think I will "eliminate" it but would like to slow it down.  Currently I use 4lb Vanish and it seems to be the worst for line twist.  Last year I used Fireline but it is very expensive and seems to twist up the same.  Any opinions on ice fishing line greatly appreciated.  Darossman

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Stopping line twist
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Strangely enough, the answer is probably at the end of your line. Your bait needs to hang straight on the jig. If the maggots or whatever hang to the side, the jig turns every time you jig. Watch your jig down the hole sometime. First time I saw I was like hey, that aint right. Hope this helps.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline darossman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jumping through my icehole!
Re:Stopping line twist
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Thanks Mr Seaguar;
   I mostly use "swimmers" ie. tube jigs, vertical rapalas.  Had some success using barrel swivels but just wondered if there was a line that was more resistant to twist.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.