Author Topic: white perch  (Read 8221 times)

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: white perch
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2007, 05:39 PM »
i caught one 16" saturday on a jigging rap fishing for eyes. i allways catch them when im not finsing for them.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline steelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 23, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Those first fish were white perch, but that last one was a white bass. You can tell by all the stripes and different head shape.  ;)

We have white perch in Erie, but I've never got one big enough to keep. I've heard they're decent table fare.

They were all white perch ! White bass are silvery,steel blue color. where perch are dull . I was with him when he caught them and it was definetly a perch.
You Don't Know, If You Don't Go !!!!

Offline dlizor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 23, 2007, 06:30 PM »
nice white bass! i bet that fought well through ice.  has a bass mouth which is different from earlier pics and has the dark horizontal lines which earlier pics don't have.  that would be a really nice white perch however.  either way nice catch .

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2007, 10:25 AM »
A lot of people in NY call white perch "silver bass".   :cookoo:  Although they're more closely related to the bass family...but called a perch.  We call them tasty little _______.  I'll eat them anytime of the year. 

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2007, 10:28 AM »
They are defintly white pearch and its not to often that you catch more the 1 or 2. They are great tasting in a beer batter. They flack apart and melt in your mouth. Great catch.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2007, 06:56 PM »
nice white bass! i bet that fought well through ice.  has a bass mouth which is different from earlier pics and has the dark horizontal lines which earlier pics don't have.  that would be a really nice white perch however.  either way nice catch .
I'll show you pictures of a silver bass (or as you call it white bass)in about 2 months when they come into dunkirk harbor by the schools of hundreds. :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.