Author Topic: Vexilar battery  (Read 815 times)

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vexilar battery
« on: Jan 24, 2019, 09:43 AM »
So it was time to replace my battery and I didn’t want to spend a ton of money on a new one. I went with a interstate HSL 1079 it is still a 9a battery the guy said it is better than the factory one I had. Has anyone else used this battery?

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
Re: Vexilar battery
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:51 PM »
I haven’t used that particular battery but interstate is a good brand and a 9ah battery will run a Vex a long time.
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2019, 09:21 PM »
All of the SLA 12V batteries are pretty much the same. about 80% of them come from one factory and get a different label on them as they pass through the factory.. almost all of the rest just get a different cover (white vs black). The issue you get into is truthful AH ratings when buying cheap, otherwise they are all the same. What I mean is you may buy a $10 9ah on ebay and have it be a 7ah with a 9ah sticker.. but with interstate you know you are getting the right battery. Otherwise the "its better than vexilar" is just sales pitch. Bet you anything interstate and vexilar 12v 9ah are the exact same battery with a different cover/label on it.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Totally agree with the previous answers. All my trolling motor batteries are Interstate and have performed great! Hope you have a great season!
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.