Author Topic: Anybody out this weekend?  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
Anybody out this weekend?
« on: Jan 03, 2004, 01:09 PM »
I was out on thursday, damn cold. No real success, a pal of mine hooked up a 10lb 5 oz pike and we picked up a few hammer handles. Any body out in this weather?
Tight lines!

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
Re:Anybody out this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Going out this afternoon.  Shelter with heat makes it quite pleasant.  The fish don't give a rat's @$$ what the weather is like.  A missed day can't be gotten back!!!!

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Here here, but 'i'm as sick as a dog right now from being out in my heated shelter!!! Good luck when you head out!!

P.s. Where you headed?
Tight lines!

kinnickinnick

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2004, 10:15 AM »

I was out!!  Then I came right back in!!  it's -23 and windy down here!!  If you don't have a deluxe shelter,  prepare to freeze!!  

ADAM

Offline Oagie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2004, 10:50 AM »
-23 we will get some good freezing now.  Maybe your quad wont break through anymore.  Have you been out on Travers latley?

kinnickinnick

« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2004, 11:10 AM »

Ya I have been out a couple of times in the last 6 days and with the change in the weather, the walleyes have been biting ok.  The shore ice on either side of the north arms entrance to the big water is still suspect as we found some spots with 3 inches of ice!!  There were guys following me around the lake and it looked like they were crossing the thin ice!!  Too stupid to identify or check ice!!  They will end up wet like me someday.  At the end of the day the water was rising through the spots they were driving on!!  After this freeze, the ice should be ok for travel all over this lake.  the south end dam has frozen over now with a few open spots in the middle and 3 inches of ice!!  Good luck out there!!

ADAM

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2004, 01:38 PM »
Spent all day yesterday out on Spencer Lake.  Caught walleye, pike, perch, & a couple of whites.  Colder than a witch's t!t outside, but summerlike inside the shack.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2004, 05:41 PM »
Adam I see that you made it! Welcome I hope you enjoy it here as I do! What'cha up to saturday? I heard It's supposed to be fairly warm, like plus 1 .
Interested?
Tight lines!

sweet446

Re: Anybody out this weekend?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2004, 01:58 PM »
its +7 today at cold lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.