New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Ice Reports

(1/1)

Rainbow1:
First post.  I was at another site until dadstacklebox from Maine turned me on to this.  I'm looking to start a running list of ice conditions as you encounter them.  I fired up the auger 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to get out yet.  I'm wondering how far north I'll have to go.  I'm looking for feedback on Stinson Lake and Tarleton in particular.  Thanks.

cSpike:

--- Quote from: Rainbow1 on Dec 13, 2007, 03:28 AM ---First post.  I was at another site until dadstacklebox from Maine turned me on to this.  I'm looking to start a running list of ice conditions as you encounter them.  I fired up the auger 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to get out yet.  I'm wondering how far north I'll have to go.  I'm looking for feedback on Stinson Lake and Tarleton in particular.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I'd imagine its a bit early for Tarleton since the wind blows down the lake. Drove around Stinson once and couldn't find an way on. It was up ther in elevation and I'm not sure how the prevailing wind hits it, so it might have locked up. Call a bait dealer near there. I called Newfound bait and they said Tarelton hadn't locked up yet. That was Tuesday. They said Mirror and Highland were being fished.
Not sure where we're headed given the fuel prices. Maybe one of the baker ponds as I'm sure at least the upper is fishable.

Spike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version