Canada > Ice Fishing British Columbia

Ice fishing Northwest Bc

<< < (3/3)

TGF:
Man o Man Mad Max, you are breathing down my neck. I'm from PG area. What lakes have you been out to this year? I got on ice in late October. Gotta love the ice oppurtunities up here heh! Good luck & maybe see you on the ice.
Terry
PS: With -30 C tonight it should get Cluculz close to icing.

Ice Gido:
Hi Mad Max.  Welcome to the site, it's good to hear from another BC ice fisherman.  Haven't been practicing my hardwater tactics much lately.  Spent Christmas on Vancouver Island, just got home on New Years Eve - told my wife that we should have fished our way home, but she and my son didn't want any part of that idea.

Went fishing yesterday, it was pretty slow, only saw 7 fish landed between 3 guys in 4 hours.  I got the "big one", a 2 or so pound rainbow.   We were going to try another spot today, but life got in the way.  Hoping to hit the ice tomorrow.

The ice here is pretty thin and sugary - 2 layers each about 3" thick.  It makes funny noises and sinks when you stand too close together.  Hopefully, it will thicken up in the next couple of days and we will be able to venture a bit further afield.

Keep us posted when you get out fishing.

Mad Max:
Hello Terry.
Unfortunately I haven't been out to any lakes yet this season.  I do like to ice fish but my opportunities are few and far between.  I am planning to get out in February to Crystal Lake.  Usually latch on to a rainbow or brookie if we're lucky.  Yes this 30 below stuff will sure tighten up any loose lakes for sure.  It also keeps me off the ice for a while.  These old bones can't take too much of the cold any more.  I like to ice fish in slightly warmer temps.  You mentioned Cluculz Lake.  Do you have a cabin there?  What species of fish do you catch there?  I have never tried Cluculz.  
Gotta run.  Talk to you later I hope.

--- Quote from: Terrygonefishing on Jan 02, 2004, 11:27 PM ---Man o Man Mad Max, you are breathing down my neck. I'm from PG area. What lakes have you been out to this year? I got on ice in late October. Gotta love the ice oppurtunities up here heh! Good luck & maybe see you on the ice.
Terry
PS: With -30 C tonight it should get Cluculz close to icing.

--- End quote ---

TGF:
Cluculz lake is a great fishery. Can be hot & cold though. I catch kokanee, burbot, rainbows, laketrout up to 50lbs, mountain whitefish. I live in the cluculz lake area but am not on the lake. Drove down there yesterday morning and there is ice all the way across it. She is only going to get thicker from here on. Was   -37C this morning on my thermometer at the house. Yeah I don't like to fish in this weather either. I have not fished Crystal in 20 years but I remember it having good size rainbows. Good luck and maybe see you on the ice. I am busy up till end of Feb but we could connect on Cluculz if you so wish. March is a nice month there as gets fairly warm (above 0 C) and the burbot fishing gets real good then.
Terry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version