Author Topic: Later ice gear...wader season  (Read 2524 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Later ice gear...wader season
« on: Feb 09, 2023, 10:37 AM »
Packed up the ice gear and got the wader gear and fly rods in the wagon. Guess upside is I get out for some winter fly fishing without freezing. Least I have iced fished in a decade but that's the way it goes sometimes. See you all next year and hopefully it will be a longer season.
Chad
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Later ice gear...wader season
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2023, 04:52 PM »
This wind is breaking up the ice quickly. Short season for sure but happy I was able to get out when I did. I'm ready for soft water so blow baby blow!!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2023, 05:42 PM »
yep, im in the same boat...literally! Been watching things open up here all day. Big lakes are still capped but it shouldnt be long.  wadding for walleyes and steel head next week i believe is the plan!  Short season and glad we all got thru it safe.  i was on some sketchy stuff a few times lol!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2023, 06:41 PM »
I put my gear away but if a miracle happens I can get it back out quick. I got out on both ice events this season and did okay, but the last ice fishing was really tough, negative fish on most outings. I’m moving to Northeast Oregon in late May so that was probably my last Indiana ice fishing for a while and maybe forever, who knows. I’ll probably still post my outings on this site since nobody uses the Oregon shanty site. Been good chatting with you fellow iceheads, stay safe out there in the future years and good luck! Hex

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2023, 07:02 AM »
I replaced those snapped bungees in the DX frame, put all the ice gear away, and fired up the motorcycle and outboard over the weekend.

This rain today will probably blow the rivers out a bit, but thinking I may get the boat out for a trip this weekend if the forecast holds... mid 50s and fairly calm for Saturday.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2023, 04:54 PM »
Shortest season I can ever remember in my 63 yrs of ice fishing.  But I did start on Christmas day and hit it hard until the following Friday.  Ice wasn't safe around here where I live so I put the gear away and had my knee surgery done four days later.  The Dr. told me today since I'm not using my cane to do what ever I want.  So out comes the long poles for the next warm day.  I don't care if I catch anything or not.  Just want to get outside and cast.  You always need the practice.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2023, 05:05 PM »
It's about time to wrap this site up and head over to My Fish Finder and Crappie.com  See you guys next year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.