Canada > Ice Fishing Alberta CA

Let's Hear Your Prediction for First Ice in Alberta

(1/3) > >>

Walks on Water:
I got out on safe ice on Nov 21 last year and there were plenty out before me according to various boards.

With meteorologists calling for the 3rd La Nina winter in a row, what are your predictions for the 22-23 season?

I'll go with Nov 20 as a prediction for my first time out, which means less than a month to go.  :thumbsup:

Shotgun:
Withe temp heading downwards toward _-20 the next few nights some guys are saying they think the trout ponds will be good early next week.

Not for me. 4 inches of ice is what I consider safe to walk on.  The trout ponds may well be there in the next few days but no lakes.

I'll wait a few weeks.  BTW  6 yrs ago on Nov 11 I and a good friend had his boat on St. Maries fishn walleye.

SHOTGUN

SNAPFisher:

--- Quote from: Walks on Water on Oct 22, 2022, 10:26 PM ---I got out on safe ice on Nov 21 last year and there were plenty out before me according to various boards.

With meteorologists calling for the 3rd La Nina winter in a row, what are your predictions for the 22-23 season?

I'll go with Nov 20 as a prediction for my first time out, which means less than a month to go.  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Getting cold outside.  Time to heat it up on this forum.... haha

Week earlier for sure.  There could be some out there this weekend but next weekend there will be a handful of first ice posts for sure.  Prediction 12-Nov.

eyeflyer:
Probably some walk on around here by the end of the month but we have about a foot of snow now so thats going to slow things down a lot. Get the shack out maybe first week of December to middle of December.

eyeflyer:
Hearing now about 8" on the smaller lakes but guys weren't going out to far. This is in the East Central area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version