Author Topic: Where can I get on?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Fulldrawcop

• IceShanty Rookie
Where can I get on?
« on: Feb 18, 2022, 02:47 PM »
I'm looking for a place to get on tomorrow?  Any suggestions?

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Where can I get on?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2022, 03:06 PM »
Wear waders u can get on anywhere with ice

Offline NCSnowDog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Should have options in NW CT. I would call Newbury Archery in Goshen. They’re really good about knowing that areas ice situation. That should be a safe bet. There will be ice for a bit, just got to start ridin roads.

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2022, 03:13 PM »
I checked out Bigelow Pond and Mashapaug today edges are shot on each boat launch but you can get on other spots. Just a bit wet on the sides. I didn’t check the ice but Bigelow had over a foot earlier in the week.

Offline camo man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2022, 04:55 PM »
Yes, north west is the way to go
Fished Tyler today and no problem getting on just watch where you walk
There are a few holes here and there.

Offline pepperdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2022, 05:17 PM »
Local pond w/guys fishing on Tues.....wide open w waves this afternoon.....amazing.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2022, 06:11 PM »
The rain and warm temps certainly took a toll on places I scouted today but searching tomorrow to get out.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2022, 06:41 PM »
Got on in town north of new milford today.  About to head north and drive on for some crappies.

Offline camo man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2022, 10:06 AM »
Highland is good right now, got a good 6" throughout the first bay launch a little sketchy getting on but stay to the left and you will be fine I don't pack light and was fine.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2022, 10:56 AM »
I checked out Bigelow Pond and Mashapaug today edges are shot on each boat launch but you can get on other spots. Just a bit wet on the sides. I didn’t check the ice but Bigelow had over a foot earlier in the week.

I’ll be headed up this afternoon, hoping to fish into the dark and avoid a skunking. I’d love to score and eye but I’m not holding my breath. Everyone be safe this weekend and enjoy as well.

-Eric

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Good luck, imsafanct.

This was at a spot in northern Tolland County today. Edges a bit messy but not bad. Plank not needed at this spot.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Good luck, imsafanct.

This was at a spot in northern Tolland County today. Edges a bit messy but not bad. Plank not needed at this spot.

Very nice, thank you for that. That looks encouraging. I’m stopping for enough coffee to keep a small Army alert for a week now and then off I go. Anyone want to join me?

-Eric

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2022, 01:37 PM »
Very nice, thank you for that. That looks encouraging. I’m stopping for enough coffee to keep a small Army alert for a week now and then off I go. Anyone want to join me?

-Eric
you can go get skunked alone eric. I think my odds of winning the lottery are better then catching something where your going

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2022, 02:45 PM »
you can go get skunked alone eric. I think my odds of winning the lottery are better then catching something where your going

Lol, you might be right! I’ve caught perch and slime darts through the ice here before but never a smallie, trout or walleye, which I would actually consider a decent catch. But I can’t catch them in my living room so here I am. Get off your butt and drive the 30 minutes and join me!

-Eric

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2022, 02:59 PM »
Lol, you might be right! I’ve caught perch and slime darts through the ice here before but never a smallie, trout or walleye, which I would actually consider a decent catch. But I can’t catch them in my living room so here I am. Get off your butt and drive the 30 minutes and join me!

-Eric

Same here I rarely have success at Mashapaug through the ice. I’ve almost crossed it off my list altogether in ice season since I hate that ice and never really catch anything of value.

BUT the allure of massive fish in that lake is very tempting. The size of the Eyes I’ve seen come out of there blows my mind. I have friends that have come just a few ounces short of the state record multiple times as recently as last year.

Definitely a quality over quantity lake.

Also get ready for the snow squall that’s about to roll through!

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to respond. The squall was so intense I couldn’t find my phone. It was just white everywhere! Lol

-Eric

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2022, 04:53 PM »
Lol!!! That thing was a heck of a little cell

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.