Author Topic: Northeast CT  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Jkh199

• IceShanty Rookie
Northeast CT
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:13 PM »
I have never known about this site till this year. Moved to Ct from mass a few years ago and am just now starting to fish local ponds. I mostly go to central MA to ice fish but want to find more ponds in CT.

Going out friday and saturday in northeast ct hopefully find some good spots

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Northeast CT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Message me I can give you some good ponds depending what you wanna try and catch

Offline Oldmanwilga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:39 AM »
Ive been fishing that part of the state for 50years i know alot of the private lake owners i get alot of trophy fish. Put your time in and you will be rewarded. Some gem fisheries under your nose

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2022, 11:37 AM »
Whatís your favorite spot up there Wilga? Iíve only ever fished Mashapaug with limited results. I usually stop at Runnings for bait when I head up that way.

Offline Oldmanwilga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:19 PM »
Whatís your favorite spot up there Wilga? Iíve only ever fished Mashapaug with limited results. I usually stop at Runnings for bait when I head up that way.
west thompson dam is a gem the walleye stocking was more successful then people realize just very limited spots u can get them there. I jig fallfish there in the ebbs of the river abd get the occasional pike. Its a big lake indont mind sharing my spot but you really have to find just the right spot to be sucessful

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:27 PM »
Pike in West Thompson? Hmmm, first Iíve heard of that. Maybe that will have to be my next trip? Thanks Wilga!

Offline Oldmanwilga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:46 PM »
The whole river system has them coming from east brim years ago. Decent spawning population. Beautiful colors on the fish too

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2022, 07:43 AM »
Well vinny this is comical

Offline Oldmanwilga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2022, 08:39 AM »
Good guess but so far away. Always look close before grasping hahahahahaha. Fishing is hot today flags popping all morning . Try to post some pics later

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.