Author Topic: Falcon steals fish...first outing  (Read 1047 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Falcon steals fish...first outing
« on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:15 AM »
Howdy,
Got out yesterday for first time this season. My girlfriend has been wanting to try ice fishing. I thought for sure it would be a bust and would hate it. Boy was I wrong. I may have lost the use of my vexilar on outings cuz she loved it. Good thing I had ordered an ice package for my striker unit for my boat.
First time and she landed a few gills, few bass, and decent perch. We doubled up a few times and below is a decent perch and bass we landed in holes next to each other.
The ice singing at sunrise kinda spooked her a bit but after a bit she thought it was cool. It was nice to hang outside with a partner.
Before we left we saw a falcon swoop down and steal someones fish down from us..he struggled to fly to trees by us with his catch. All in all it was a fun first outing and a new hardwater enthusiast was created. Tight lines folks and hope to see you on the ice.

Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
Re: Falcon steals fish...first outing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:40 AM »
get another vex, its over.  good times :thumbsup:
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:58 AM »
Yep Scum is correct :it’s over!!
Took my wife 25 years ago & I had to buy another fish finder for my self , of course the upgraded Lx-7 that she uses when she goes & I suffer with the lx-5 . Nice perch by the way !

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:36 AM »
That’s awesome!  My wife went with me for the first time last year. Best memories made are together! 
Congrats and tight lines!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Sunday was a great day for being out on the ice. Took my 11yr old grandson for his first time on ice. He loved it but i think he will expect that kind of fishing every time now. Being 11 he really liked using my vex and he really got the hang of it quick. Right up the younger generations alley. Nice fish and i say congratulations for getting another person into the act. We need more of it. 

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Used to have a heron steal fish on Dallas Lake. I tossed him a big bass one day. Thought I killed him.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2022, 10:52 AM »
Nice looking fish you guys got there.  Glad someone else made some new memories. My wife has been going ice fishing with before we got married and still goes with me after 51 yrs.  She's just one of the guys.  Still won't use the vex or a spring bobber but she does have her own shanty.

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Haha - I have fallen victim to a heron and seen a cat run off with someone else's fish!  Never seen a falcon do that, but sounds pretty cool!
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:41 AM »
Haha - I have fallen victim to a heron and seen a cat run off with someone else's fish!  Never seen a falcon do that, but sounds pretty cool!

i thought you were on clear with us when the eagle stole my fish.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.