Author Topic: Lost phone...  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Lost phone...
« on: Jan 16, 2022, 11:42 AM »
 ::) So a couple weeks ago right before the big cool down I was having a blast with some pickerel in 6' of water ..... They were lovin'the baby daredevil tipped with meat on the jig rod...as I'm approaching double digits for the day with 2 holes I decided to try and "sight fish em"  as I bent over to get a gander🤣 my phone slipped out of my pocket and swish right down the hole.... It was old and beat up with a shattered screen so I was overdue for an upgrade
I got a good laugh and even stayed and got my 10 fish goal.
Some people have a hard time owning their screw ups... Not me
I am posting as a reminder to you all
Mind yer gadgets and never give up!

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lost phone...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2022, 12:18 PM »
My mom had the same thing happen to her last year during the derby😂 bent down to check the holes for eggs and in her phone went, was able to tie my ladle to my chisel and scoop it up

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Atleast you caught fish… spent Friday Saturday and today and only managed 1 Brookei (PB) and 1 small rainbow. Saturday was brutal on newfound. -30 with the wind chill. Was by myself and would not have been able to set my Eskimo up if it wasn’t for another fisherman that lent me a hand. Fished winnisquam today with no luck but it was a beautiful day compared to Saturday

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2022, 03:32 PM »
::) So a couple weeks ago right before the big cool down I was having a blast with some pickerel in 6' of water ..... They were lovin'the baby daredevil tipped with meat on the jig rod...as I'm approaching double digits for the day with 2 holes I decided to try and "sight fish em"  as I bent over to get a gander🤣 my phone slipped out of my pocket and swish right down the hole.... It was old and beat up with a shattered screen so I was overdue for an upgrade
I got a good laugh and even stayed and got my 10 fish goal.
Some people have a hard time owning their screw ups... Not me
I am posting as a reminder to you all
Mind yer gadgets and never give up!
Sorry for your loss, your not the first, you wont be the last
.I e lost a few myself.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2022, 03:43 PM »
I have one in the back channel on the Bellamy Rez that I only owned for a total of 2 hours. That hurt.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2022, 03:57 PM »
Bummer on the phone but a good day of jigging seems to be a fair enough trade...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2022, 04:37 PM »
Fishin603
Nice save !

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2022, 04:42 PM »
Aquaassasin
2 hours.... 
No matter how rough it gets ,
Somewhere, someone has it worse
😁😁😁

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2022, 05:02 PM »
Aquaassasin
2 hours.... 
No matter how rough it gets ,
Somewhere, someone has it worse
😁😁😁

Yeah this was still in flip phone days but it did have a camera, we were still hitting each number 3 times for a letter but it was nice then lol. I haven’t done it again since... YET

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2022, 05:31 PM »
Last year we lost a brand new iphone on the ice...went back the next morning and there it was sunk into the ice a few inches, iced over, all lit up and operational. We chipped it out and all was good! amazing...

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2022, 05:37 PM »
Last year we lost a brand new iphone on the ice...went back the next morning and there it was sunk into the ice a few inches, iced over, all lit up and operational. We chipped it out and all was good! amazing...

That’s awesome!

Offline Tony Thunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:03 PM »
They must be making them better than they used to

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:05 PM »
I'd rather be lucky than good anyday

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2022, 09:03 AM »
I was out a few years back on a pond down in MA before I moved up to the lakes... It was sheer Ice and no snow... I had my chair set up and the wind picked up quickly. Blew my chair about 50 yards across the ice and it tipped over at one of my hold holes. an hr later I was looking for my phone and to no avail. Much to my surprise, my buddy called it and I heard ringing coming from a hole. I looked down and sure enough, my phone (that was in the cup holder of the chair) fell into the hole when it tipped over. Never could retrieve it, and it died shortly after that call. Honestly, I what the heck were the chances of the chair blowing that far, then tipping over perfectly to dump my phone in a hole... must have been a sign I needed a new one. Crazy... but yes, I've almost put at least 2 more in doing the "bend over to check the trap" move... I'm sure I'm due to lose one soon.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2022, 03:35 PM »

Well I’ve washed 2 phones in the minnow bucket and lost 1 down the hole , I now have them insured lol

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Been there, done that. Last season my phone went down a hole in super slow motion. :woot: Tried for a couple of days to scoop it off the bottom with a roof rake in 15 to 20 feet of water. :unsure: Finally gave up and got a new phone. Lesson learned......shouldn't happen again. :nono:
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:29 PM »
I now fish in a Carhart bib with zippered pockets :o)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:14 PM »
I lost my sunglasses down a hole about 10 yrs ago.  Nice clear water, got a good look at them as they fluttered down out of sight.  @#$@#$!!!

Last yr (or maybe 2 yrs ago...I'm losing track), I lost my phone down a hole.  Had it in my pocket, but didn't zip it up all the way + down she went.  6" diameter hole, too.  What are the odds?  Perfect shot right down the middle of the pipe.  Tried to get it back w/ a super powerful magnet but I don't think there was enough metal in the thing.  The magnet would probably have destroyed it anyway...I just don't like littering.  And then I kicked up so much silt that I couldn't see it any more + had to give up.

Now I'm extra careful about both my sunglasses + my phone.  And I keep an extra set of sunglasses in the truck and have insurance on my phone.

Live + learn, I guess.   ::)

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2022, 08:18 PM »
Bummer, always sucks to lose a phone.

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2022, 03:12 AM »
My buddy lost a brand new phone down a hole last year and I learned immediately not to keep mine in the shirt pocket anymore. For a lot of us that need our phones for work or whatever it is kind of a big deal and usually means the end of the day on the ice. My buddy said he wasn't going home and wouldn't let it ruin his day and was packing up 15 minutes later lol. He was expecting multiple calls that day and just couldn't get it off his mind.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2022, 04:31 AM »
First trip of this year of my cousins first ever ice fishing trip his phone went straight down the hole on day two. He was using it often and I kept reminding him to be careful not to drop that. Was bare ice conditions. Sure enough…. He Was like a lost puppy on the last day before we got back home. Live and learn

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2022, 05:29 AM »
15 minutes to go last Saturday my buddy Justin sent one  down the hole… it fell out if his chest pocket ..tough day for him ..lost 4wd on his quad , flat on his trailer , check engine light on truck came on and lost his phone ..ouch! handled it like a professional though
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:22 AM »
That is a tough day...Dang!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:33 AM »
15 minutes to go last Saturday my buddy Justin sent one  down the hole… it fell out if his chest pocket ..tough day for him ..lost 4wd on his quad , flat on his trailer , check engine light on truck came on and lost his phone ..ouch! handled it like a professional though
THAT is a rough day, If it were me, at that point  I'd have figured all the bad juju was gone for the next 10 years.for his sake I hope it is.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:46 AM »
A couple years ago my buddy stood up in my bobhouse and forgot his brand new $800 iPhone was on his lap and down the hole it went. He made a go for it but the hole is so far down in the shack especially when it’s jacked up off the ice that all he did was bump his head. The look on his face as I laughed and watched it sink on the fish finder... ;D unless your ladies calling or you’re taking a fish pic I’d keep those things tucked far away!
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2022, 08:38 AM »
I have lost 2 out of the vertical breast pocket on my bibs....got to keep it zipped!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10:04 AM »
I have lost 2 out of the vertical breast pocket on my bibs....got to keep it zipped!

I think I would sow it crap after two  ;D

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2022, 11:54 AM »
Merk42
Carhartt's..... 
We are probably related...lol
Took me two weeks to replace it and I caught 10 pickerel that day...
Totally worth it. Made me laugh and I said to myself out loud
"Ok now I can get serious about fishing with no distractions" lol

Offline Coosangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:09 PM »
Tell us about the fish tho lol

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:10 PM »
I know someone who has lost two, one down a trap hole and the second down a jigging hole. I saw the second one sink to the bottom on my Vexilar.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.