Author Topic: tourney on george  (Read 1383 times)

Offline R.S.

• Team IceShanty Regular
tourney on george
« on: Jan 15, 2022, 07:53 AM »
talked to a guy last night said he was fishing a tourney on lake George this morning.  anyone go or hear about this?  supposedly 25 teams were entered.  he could be just another mental BS master though.  he was blabbering about 15" perch and 18" crappie he had caught also, so. lol

Offline muskiesteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tourney on george
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2022, 08:05 AM »
Don’t forget the 30” walleyes.

Offline R.S.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2022, 08:12 AM »
yea, i didnt let him get to that. after those stories, i said well good luck tomorrow and walked away.

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2022, 03:30 PM »
What I found somewhat puzzling was he was not in the same spot as he caught the 18" slab crappie. Things that make you go Hmmmm. :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2022, 11:22 AM »
I was on George on Saturday.  There were not that many people in the contest. There were hundreds of crappie swimming around and for the most part they did not want to bite. I caught 8. I have no clue why they bit when so many others only wanted to look. (I was sight fishing) My biggest was maybe 11" down to about 9". I heard several of the guy's in the contest saying that they had not caught anything! I was there from 8:00am till just before noon when the non biting S.O.B.'s got they best of me. I did talk to a guy who said he caught a 10# walleye on a tip-up a few days before he said it was 25" so it had to be a fat one! I heard this story from several other people before I heard it form him,so I do believe him. There are usually one or two walleye caught through the ice there every year.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline 1james11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2022, 12:00 PM »
Those fish get pounded so much its a wonder they even stay up in there let alone bite. As far as the 10lb walleye goes, I seen the picture, it was probably around 6lbs at best. A good fish none the less.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2022, 12:31 PM »
I'm always amazed at 10lb walleye that shrink to 5 or 6lbs when a scale is produced.  At 25" probably in that range. Got to get closer to 30" before they hit the 10lb range.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2022, 01:42 PM »
I'm always amazed at 10lb walleye that shrink to 5 or 6lbs when a scale is produced.  At 25" probably in that range. Got to get closer to 30" before they hit the 10lb range.
Same thing can be said about the 15 inch perch and 18 in crappie. I caught a crappie on sunday that measured 151/2 and a kid that saw it congratulated me on the 18 incher. He really thought it was. I didn't correct him. It will be his story.

Offline ho-zee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2022, 07:52 PM »

I didn't realize 15 inches are that uncommon....I usually don't measure panfish....I just eat em

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2022, 11:25 AM »

LOL. You got that right! I ran into a guy on Friday (14th) at a Indiana lake he told he had just come from George and caught a 16" crappie. I said I'd sure like to see it so he got it out. I then said I'll get my measuring stick and he said oh I've got one and the crappie (it was a nice fish) suddenly became 13".
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.