Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

paid a visit to Henry co.

<< < (2/2)

rivereddy:
Where I live, the elevation is just under 800 ft above sea level. The drive to the lake takes a little over an hour and climbs a little over 200 ft to an elevation of 1066 ft.  Its odd, but that 200 and change foot gain in altitude is often the difference butween sketchy junk and safe ice, Yesterday Imade the trip over again.  No one at the campground or beaver bay but a number of guys at the cause way.  The ice was greener than I prefer but the spud bar hits went thump so I headed out to a spot about 90 feet or so away from the nearest angler.  I drilled 3 holes through about 4 1/2 inches of gray green ice and began dunking beemoth. No runs, no hits, my error... In the meantime the fellow 90 feet away, another "dreaded bucket fisherman" was putting the hurt on em.  This went on for an hour or so until I noticed he was closing up shop and getting ready to leave.  Next thing I know, he comes walking over and says, "There still biting over here. Bring your stuff on over." He then gave me a small white over slurple jig like the one he was using.  He left and I moved on over and immediately got hits.  Most were dinks, but they made that bobber dance and, several times a decent bluegill hooked up.  Thanks to that guy, I'm on the board for 2022.

fish on,

Rivereddy

TeacherPreacher:
ED,
Glad you got out and had some bites! Nice to run into good guys now and then!
Teach

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version