Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Blackstrap 2021-2022

<< < (40/40)

gman51:
just out for the am yesterday 8-12. great conditions for walking, ice still solid does not look like any quick melting or softening  by the looks of the overnight forecast up until the 31st. as posted the fish are fired up lots of perch were caught along with 5 walleyes the 12" variety and 1 pike. great time for the kids for sure with the steady action. a couple more trips planned for next week. pretty good season for the most part no giants were caught but some decent size eyes were landed again. that should be a wrap for this ice season unless a picture worthy fish comes into play the next couple trips.  see you in November.   

speckspotter:
We wrapped up the 2021 - 22 ice season today with another Blackstrap perch outing. It was a gorgeous day for walk on fishing, and there was no shortage of gentlemen who represented a "seasoned" angling demographic eager to take advantage. The fish cooperated yet again.
Numerous limits were taken today by smiling sunburned faces who were thankful to have one last good day on the hard water. There was a lot of experience on the ice today, and some great stories reflecting many collective fishing years were told.

Good luck to everyone in the open water season. I look forward to crossing paths again next November.

Churchill River:
Yesterday was also my last kick at the bucket.  This has been the best winter for me as far as filling the bucket.  We fished this one spot for over 2 months, and it was March madness the whole 2 months.  Usually after a couple weeks spots dry up and you move on to another one.

It was very nice to run into Shanty members on the ice this winter and exchange stories.  Although I hope some of my regulars come up
with new stories for next winter.......well I am at that age that it might not matter....probably forget that I heard them.

You all have a great Spring/Summer/Fall and we will see/talk to you come November.

silverfish:
i havent fished blackstrap  i live in regina i have driven past the lake on the #11 highway from there how is thw best way to get to the northend on onto the ice getting ready for next year ty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version