Canada > Ice Fishing Manitoba

COMING NORTH OF THE BORDER DURING WINTER WARNINGS!!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

greenbackhunter:
Most of the Americans coming up are better prepared than people that live here.

Get a grip.

carcus1:

--- Quote from: greenbackhunter on Feb 08, 2018, 08:10 AM ---Most of the Americans coming up are better prepared than people that live here.

Get a grip.

--- End quote ---

X2, are they ever!  Don't see to many of them stuck at the mouth of prudens!

oleike:
here is another thread where HARRYFISHBALLS goes all out on the threat to americans...very strange behavour...lol

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348261.0

HARRYFISHBALLS:
 I travel a lot including the USA, 99% of the people refuse yo believe what temps we get in the north,a common comment is,theres no way anyone can live in those temps "-35 to -40 celcius. not including wind chills. I travel 2-3 times a yr to the Carribean during the winter months, i have met dozens of Americans who  tell us about their brutal temps. We laugh and tell them thats t-shirt weather in CAN!  I have a brother in NY who laughs at people thinking its cold there.Sure they get snow storms but they don't get our extreme temps! I'm giving a fair warning to our neighbors to the south is all.I have a friend in Montana who sends snap shots of their weather,max I seen was -15 C ,this is no where near the temps we get in the prairies. LK Winnipeg is a giant lk with many miles of open area for winds to pick up.My moms whole family lives near Winnipeg so I know what the conditions are.I hope any Americans coming north will take my advice a prep for the worst. My uncle and 2 cousins were hospitalized 15 yrs ago after there truck broke down in a blizzard,without a cell and white out conditions with extreme wind/chill they walked 4 hrs blind! The threat is real!

greenbackhunter:

--- Quote from: HARRYFISHBALLS on Feb 12, 2018, 07:58 PM --- I travel a lot including the USA, 99% of the people refuse yo believe what temps we get in the north,a common comment is,theres no way anyone can live in those temps "-35 to -40 celcius. not including wind chills. I travel 2-3 times a yr to the Carribean during the winter months, i have met dozens of Americans who  tell us about their brutal temps. We laugh and tell them thats t-shirt weather in CAN!  I have a brother in NY who laughs at people thinking its cold there.Sure they get snow storms but they don't get our extreme temps! I'm giving a fair warning to our neighbors to the south is all.I have a friend in Montana who sends snap shots of their weather,max I seen was -15 C ,this is no where near the temps we get in the prairies. LK Winnipeg is a giant lk with many miles of open area for winds to pick up.My moms whole family lives near Winnipeg so I know what the conditions are.I hope any Americans coming north will take my advice a prep for the worst. My uncle and 2 cousins were hospitalized 15 yrs ago after there truck broke down in a blizzard,without a cell and white out conditions with extreme wind/chill they walked 4 hrs blind! The threat is real!

--- End quote ---

Unfortunate about your uncle, but you made my point. No cell and running solo on lake winnipeg? Unprepared. No gps? Unprepared. No extra clothes/survival gear/food?Unprepared.  Walking 4 hours in a whiteout on big windy? Downright dangerous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version