Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Got a Vex lost the ice

(1/4) > >>

bellmontwrestling:
The day after X-mas my dad and I bought a Vexilar together in an attempt to have an excuse to spend more time together.  We got to use it three times (twice on my own pond) just learning how it works.  Caught fish within 15 minutes of turning it on for the first time.  I must say that this is the coolest thing I have purchased in years.  Now after waiting 3 years to finally buy one... I have to sit here and wait for ice to come back....  This really sucks! 

Swedish__Pimple:
This is the pond you just had made isn't it? How's it doing?Are the fish growing?Mr.Wissel is lookin pretty good these days,ranked 2nd in the nation( ;)),let me know how you're pond is doing,good seeing ya back on the forum,

Jimmy

And yes the Vexilar problem has a bunch of us going nuts,come on cold..............

bellmontwrestling:
Hey Jimmy!  I was hoping you would reply.  The pond will be two years old this May.  It is about 3 ft from being full.  It was a slow summer for filling.  I started putting gils in last fall and finished with them early spring.  Most of the gils were about 3 inches when I put them in.  I put in a total of 450 gills.  I started large mouth in this spring.  I put a total of 65 4-7 inch bass in.  I also put about 3000 fathead minnows in.  I fed them once or twice a  day.  I have some gills that are close to being ready to harvest.  Bass are growing very quickly.  I caught one at the end of the fall that was close to 12 inches.  Now, all of these fish were caught from a pond that was extremely over populated.  I think I helped my pond get started and the other start over.  There were still too many fish in the other pond though.  I am thinking about putting in a couple 4lbers (bass) in the spring just to add a little fun. 

I just thought of your brother lastnight.  I was at the Bellmont match and there are 3 of Randy Baker's nephews and a first cousin that are wrestling varsity for us.  Keep me posted on how Ben is doing!

Just found out that I have next Friday off work.  How far north am I going to have to drive to find ice???

FXjohn:
Just to let everyone know, Vex's are now 269 at Gander.
..10 dollars cheaper than the Angler in Helmer

stonecold16:
Know what you mean. Bought a Aqua-vue and now there isn't any ice.  Took it to the local city park and fished off the bridge. It's kind of like ice fishing. caught 15 gills and seen every one take the bite.  Totally cool.
NEED ICE. >:( :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version