Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Salmon

Any States in the NE with Kokanee?

(1/2) > >>

Icepants2:
Hi All, as I get closer to retirement I would like to plan so ice fishing trips. Are there any States in the NE that have an established ice fishing program for these fish or would I be better off going out West?

Thanks - Ice

JJ:
Used to have them in NY, but they stopped stocking them. One small lake in the Adirondacks has a small self-sustaining population, not open to ice fishing, though. There might be a few others with limited numbers of kokes.

HudsonRiverRat:
Ct has a Kokanee salmon program and stocks a few lakes.  Check out the ct deep fisheries web page.   Good luck.

MrFishfinger:
We have 3 lakes in CT stocked with Kokanee, West hill pond, East twin lake, and Lakeville lake(Lake Wononscopomuc)

SeaDog1:

--- Quote from: MrFishfinger on Feb 28, 2014, 10:00 AM ---We have 3 lakes in CT stocked with Kokanee, West hill pond, East twin lake, and Lakeville lake(Lake Wononscopomuc)

--- End quote ---

Per Tim Berry (Director of Ct. Kokanee Program) ... Only 2 lakes in Ct. Have Kokanee - West Hill Pond and East Twin Lake.
Only other body of water (east of the Mississippi) is Lake Nahatala in North Carolina.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version