Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

willow slough?

(1/2) > >>

marmooskapaul:
Can anyone fill me in on the status of willow slough? I have never fished it. I read that it was drained and was to be refilled. Also heard that after couple of years it should be great bluegill fishery again. Any info , thanks Paul

daffydone:
Yes it was drained, it is not up to it's full capacity yet, it is still 18 inches low, and the fishing will not be good for a couple years, I talked to a guy last sunday and he was catching small bass around 10 inches or so and a couple of 14 inchers, boat fishing is closed until dec 17th, hopefully we will have good ice by then.
the weeds are very thick throughout the whole lake, it is open around the office. when it is completly full, it should be fairly deep.

Rotney72:
I hear theyre not gonna allow ice fishing this season...info came from a good source..could be wrong...im still gonna check it out..never know ???

marmooskapaul:
Thanks for the info guys. I've heard {I think from a post last year} that it should be a great place to fish about the third year after it re-fills? Just trying to keep my eye on it. Paul

RandyD:
Check this out:
http://www.ai.org/serv/dnr_fishingreport?display=Willow+Slough+FWA+lakes+and+ponds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version