Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Whitefish

They Would Not bite

(1/6) > >>

Yooper77:
Watching my camera there were whitefish all around my lures, but only caught 1 dink. Changed colors, and lures multiple times. They weren't even hitting the chum, but it did bring them in. I was using spikes, going to try wigglers tomorrow.

Hafeman92:
Sounds familiar! Was out from the Bermuda boat launch yesterday in about 15ft of water.  Seen a lot of fish around with the camera but only had 4 actually bite, had 2 on but lost them both at the hole. So frustrating.  Was using a white swedish pimple tipped with waxworms. Good luck out there!

bigmike7272:
I've had this almost every time fishing for white fish. Except in my experiences they ate the chum and when bait would fall off the hook they'd eat that too. So what I did was made a dropper off my swedish pimple with a size 16 hook, baited it and then baited the pimple too. Jig the pimple while keeping the dropper on bottom. Watch em come in and check out the pimple and then grab the dropper off bottom, only way I've ever caught whitefish.

blacktrap:
They have to be the most frustrating damn fish swimming.  It is just amazing how many can be swimming around your lures and not hitting

Yooper77:

--- Quote from: blacktrap on Feb 07, 2013, 05:35 AM ---They have to be the most frustrating damn fish swimming.  It is just amazing how many can be swimming around your lures and not hitting

--- End quote ---
Yup, it's so frustrating when you see videos of guys using the same lure, bait, technique and they're just nailing the whitefish, while you sit there and watch them swim right by. A dozen nice ones swim within inches and here comes this dink and he attacks it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version