IceShanty Main > Help and (FAQs)

Have to scroll right and left to read posts????

(1/3) > >>

Gamalot:
This might be just plain dumb but I never said I was a GEEK.
Some posts, not all, are longer then others and I have to scroll right and then left to read the entire post.
It usually happens when large photos are posted in a post but on occassion the entire thread is much wider and will not fit on my screen.
I keep finding I loose interest if I constantly have to scroll right, read, then left, read, then down, read, then right, read.
Is there a way to bring the size back to fit the page and loose the right to left scroll bars????

Iceshanty:
Pictures in a post that are too large for your pcs screen resolution will make the scrollbar show up thus the text rolls off the screen.

Large res pics should be posted in the pictures section, please post smaller pics max 400 pixels with posts in other are
areas of the forum.

-Scott

Gamalot:
Yes Scott, I know the picture size is sometimes what causes the scroll bar to appear at the bottom. I have also found some threads with absolutely no pics yet the scroll bar is present and it makes for not much fun reading.
Some of us are not well versed on re sizing pics to fit in regular posts. Think everyones various programs make this a, not so easy, task to explain.
I, for one, am guilty at times for posting larger pics then should be but I am usually just happy I was able to get the picture in at all.
Guess I have to live with the lower scroll bar and tough reading because there is more to it then a simple setting to bring the size back to fit in my screen area.
Thanks.
Gary

Mark Barlow:
 Find out who's posting pics and tell them they have to shrink them down. I have posted pics in the tourny entry thread that are big, because when they are shrunk down you cant read the tape measure. When I used sharemation to post pics I first would have to bring the pic into the paint program to shrink them, now I'm using photobucket and they have a resize program in the edit pic button. When I resize my pics I reduce them to 50% and that's about a 4 1/2 x 6 inch picture. If anybody has any questions on resizing pics they can pm me. I am willing to help anyone.

asphalt_kid:
Hey Mark   

HELP   HELP

If I enter some fish can you shrink the other fellow IceShanty members pics so my fish will win the fishing contest?????

LOL
worth a shot wasnt it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version