Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Greenwater and area?

(1/10) > >>

BallsOut:
Hey thinking of heading up north just wondering if anyone has been up that way to greenwater,Marean,Barrier or steietol lakes or has herd how the bite has been lately i have done really good in the past on all those lakes so any info would be well appreciated thnx and keep those hooks sharp boys  ;D

whitetail/walleyefreak:
I fished barrier end of December. We caught about 30+perch, a dozen pike and 2 walleye. Talked to a guy last weekend who fishes it lots, and he said that it was still just as good. We fished in between Barrier Ford and Barrier Lake on the north shore. Perch and Pike were best in 8-12 feet and the walleye hit in the evening at 18 feet. Definitely a great place to keep kids entertained with lots of action

Water Wolf:
Good to hear that Barrier Lake is producing this winter. I may have to give it a try some time, last winter the few times went I found it a bit slow. I probably hit off days or locations. :-\

Did you drive to your spot in middle between the two resorts by snowmachine or by truck?

How thick is the ice, and where did you access the lake from?

Have any of you ever tried Round Lake, just a bit SE from Greenwater Prov. Park?
If so, how did you make out, and how thick is the ice? ???

WW

whitetail/walleyefreak:
We went with truck on at east end, then off on west end. It was probably about 16" thick then.

triple240:
went out on barrier north shore today from noon till 6 and only caught 4 jack and didnt see much on the cam ... the ice was about that 16 inches and was fairly easy driving on the lake .... i have a s10 suv and was in 2wd might go out again this week yet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version