Author Topic: Accessing Blackstrap  (Read 1538 times)

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
Accessing Blackstrap
« on: Jan 25, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has accessed that inlet in the north end of Blackstrap across the lake from Shields.  I know you can get on at the far north end and drive across the ice but I was wondering if anyone has accessed from the east side since Saturday.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Accessing Blackstrap
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2005, 07:57 AM »
So yesterday i went to blackstrap to go fishing and i came on, on the far north end of the lake.  Started across the lake and got stuck for about 2 hours.  The lake is so crusted up that it is hard to drive on.  When i finally got unstuck i drove off and went around and come on the east side of the lake.  Where the road runs in to the creek, that is the way i should of come first.  Caught one jack about 5lbs and that is it.  Say one small walleye and some small perch.  I stayed till 5:30pm.

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:18 AM »
Ya its pretty brutal out there, a good 4x4 with good rubber shouldn't have too much trouble but 2wd is almost out of the question, almost, if you see a blue and white ford flying across the lake at 80 kph,,, thats me!!! ;D.  No, haven't had the 2wd out there for about 3 weeks. We always come on at the far north.
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Hey APU GARCIA, i forgot to mention that i do have four wheel drive but the rubber is not to good and goign this week to try to find some new rubber because that was terrible.

Offline BIGSHOW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2005, 09:07 AM »
We went out to the Strap yesterday and between four of us we didn't even get a hit, real slow.  We have been fishing the creek mouth.  Last weekend, like everyone else, we had several hits and a few fish to the hole but only got one 10lbs jack in.  Last thursday same thing 1 small Walleye.  But yesterday was dead.  The access from the east was pretty good, deep ruts but easy to stay in, since the snow is so hard. You could most likely get in and out with a full size 2 wheel drive, no problem for my 4x4.  Buuuutttt, some of the drifts on the lake are 2 feet deep and hard as a rock, I was on the phone and not paying enough attention and got severely stuck only 50ft from the shack.  The big drift can be avoided but the open lake would be tough on a 2wd.

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for the replys.

Was able to access the east side on Fri to get to my buddy's shack with my 2 wheel drive.  I did throw the chains on to get out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.