Author Topic: Finesse Fishing Trout and First Person Flasher  (Read 654 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Finesse Fishing Trout and First Person Flasher
« on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:52 PM »

How to fish for rainbow and brook trout using a Flasher sonar and slip float with finesse presentation.  The trout can be finicky and will often take a small presentation like a tungsten jig and small piece of night crawler or meal worm when they won't touch anything else.   If you are seeing fish and they are swimming by your presentation that means they are interested in feeding but do not want what you are offering.  So change up and find what they want.  It is hard to beat the downsizing method to trigger activity. A jig is often the most reliable method of effectively delivering a tantalizing morsel to the strike zone.  Get it in their face and slow it down.  Wait for the take.  It's coming! 

Many guys in BC have never seen a flasher sonar or even heard of one.  Guys often ask me what the red box is.  Well here is that Red Box Marcum in Action with demonstration on what you see and how it helps me catch fish. 

Hope you guys enjoy this video.  Let me know in the comments your concerns or questions and I'll get back to you.  If you have questions I can answer with future videos I always like that kind of stuff.  Thanks for watching!
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Finesse Fishing Trout and First Person Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:30 PM »
This is a very good video, nice job and thanks!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Brandon,another great video thank you for posting it here on Ice Shanty. I see you had your two favorite fishing buddies with you that day.
Steve

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Brandon,another great video thank you for posting it here on Ice Shanty. I see you had your two favorite fishing buddies with you that day.
Steve

Yup, I'm glad they like ice fishing.  I had to twist their arm at first with cookies and marshmallows.  I really focus on them catching fish when I'm out there.  I don't care if I get to fish much.  I just love having them out.  They love it on the ice.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.