Maryland > Ice Fishing Maryland and West Virginia

Deep creek snowmobile

(1/1)

fisher 74:
Does anyone use a snowmobile on the ice here? Looks like parking is an issue any tips?

derekinhawaii:
There are plenty of people who use snowmobiles.  Parking and entry onto the lake is best accessed via the State Park boat ramp.  That being said the state only plows about half the lot.  I've only really seen about 4-5trucks with trailers park there at any one time plus a few additional trucks/cars for others.  I would be very careful while crossing under any bridges with a snowmobile as the ice is usually thinner due to the currents and the melted snow combined with the salt from the roads.  Also DNR do patrol the lake quite often on their snowmobiles.

Good luck and stay safe.

fisher 74:
Thank you!!!!

Mcville100:

--- Quote from: derekinhawaii on Dec 20, 2022, 08:21 PM ---There are plenty of people who use snowmobiles.  Parking and entry onto the lake is best accessed via the State Park boat ramp.  That being said the state only plows about half the lot.  I've only really seen about 4-5trucks with trailers park there at any one time plus a few additional trucks/cars for others.  I would be very careful while crossing under any bridges with a snowmobile as the ice is usually thinner due to the currents and the melted snow combined with the salt from the roads.  Also DNR do patrol the lake quite often on their snowmobiles.

Good luck and stay safe.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Appreciate the heads up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version