The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ontario style Darkhouse build issue  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Cannonball87

• IceShanty Rookie
Ontario style Darkhouse build issue
« on: Nov 04, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Hey everybody, Not sure if its ever going to get cold out so maybe it doesn't even matter right now but I'm having an issue with a darkhouse I'm building and I thought I'd ask the community and see if anybody has any ideas. I'm building an Ontario style darkhouse and have most of the parts/materials I need to get started. However I'm at the stage where I need to order the canvas tarp/vinyl tarp and would like to see what others have used. Canvas tarps are tough but are also super expensive especially if I get a custom one made without grommets. Vinyl tarps aren't as tough but I could order quite a few for the cost of one canvas tarp. Does anybody out there have any experience with this? If so what did you do and what would you recommend? This is my first Darkhouse build and my #1 goal is for the house to be pitch black inside.  I also want to spend my money wisely

Offline webee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ontario style Darkhouse build issue
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2015, 09:38 AM »
 ::)
Use a vinyl plastic tarp. IT's cheap and tough. Line inside with black construction plastic. Duct tape it in place. INside does NOT need to be completely dark. Nice to have some light to find your lunch, gloves or whatever. Be careful with what you wear. Have dark clothes, dark gloves and be careful of movement when a pike comes into view.

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ontario style Darkhouse build issue
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2015, 09:43 AM »
I used a heavy duty vinyl tarp on mine. It works great. It's gray inside & out, it's plenty dark.
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.