New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179970 times)

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #630 on: Jan 27, 2016, 01:26 PM »
Yea my buddy went this am went out 50 yrds turned around went to maxwells creek only an inch or 2 of ice out 50 yrds

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #631 on: Jan 27, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Time to get the kyyak n get them crappie

Offline Tuukka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #632 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:34 PM »
...Damn...the current conditions and the weather forecast are not to promising..Looks like i may be heading North(way north) for my Feb. break in search of some ice....Hopefully things change................ ............

....Driving that train, High on cocaine
                                                                                                                                                            Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                                                                                                                                                             trouble ahead, trouble behind
                                                                                                                                                            And you know that notion, JUST CROSSED MY MIND......
                                                                                                                                                                                                        j.garcia   R.I.P

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #633 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:39 PM »
...Damn...the current conditions and the weather forecast are not to promising..Looks like i may be heading North(way north) for my Feb. break in search of some ice....Hopefully things change...............

Not sure where you are from. Your location is not filled out.  But you dont have to go to far north to find good ice...    @)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Abugarciafishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Otsego Lake
« Reply #634 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Anyone been to Otsego lately? Wondering what the conditions were, and where to fish for lakers out of there. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Otsego Lake
« Reply #635 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:03 AM »
Bring a boat.. ;)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #636 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:53 AM »
big guy jon boat and a big cooler and those spring crappies are ours  ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #637 on: Feb 03, 2016, 06:03 AM »
big guy john boat and
a big cooler and those spring crappies are ours  ;D
trust me I'm waiting paitiantly its hard to do but I'm waiting..when time comes I'm gonna tearem up I have a quit a few jigs tyed already.. ;D ;D

Offline dh2028

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #638 on: Feb 06, 2016, 01:47 PM »
No ice temps in sight.
We need a surprise deep freeze for about a week
Wishing I was Fishing

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #639 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Anyone been out and about around the lake gotta be some ice I haven't had a chance to get out and look works been keeping me busy ..I think if the snow stays away the single digit temps should help...

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #640 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:34 PM »
There getting dumped on right now...

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #641 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Huh I'm 20 minutes away nothing here I'm at work in bville now not a flake in site...

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #642 on: Feb 10, 2016, 09:14 PM »

About 23 deg. And no snow at otisco.... I may get over there for presidents day

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #643 on: Feb 11, 2016, 06:34 AM »
ohhhhh boy if we  luck out and  no snow  and  we  get that sub zero weather  and  jupitor aliens  with mars and pigs  fly   we  might be able to get to the crappie spot  :thumbsup:

Offline eyeguy21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #644 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:43 AM »
not a lot of wind & single digit temps where I was last night! Come on Otisco! Theres hope still! I will be taking a drive tomorrow morning & will report what I find out.

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #645 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:44 PM »
I when over around 2pmto look at what their and south of causeway is semi froze over.. the main lake is mostly open with little to no ice close to shore...the north end was froze out to the park and all the to the dam....checked ice at guardrail by damn with spud first couple feet out all up and down bank was 3-4" of white ice..farther out I went better ice got... I went 400-500yrds out checking with spud made 6 holes on way varied from 4-6" good black ice with little white ice out a ways.. was very little snow to bare spots its gonna make some good ice this weekend :clap:.im gonna wait a day before I take my kids over and fish....if u go out take a spud n keep checking!!! ;)2 ;)2

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #646 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:07 PM »
NICE REPORT FISHSLAYER  ;D

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #647 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:13 PM »
thanks trap  @)

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #648 on: Feb 13, 2016, 09:29 AM »
I'll be out next saterday

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #649 on: Feb 13, 2016, 02:12 PM »
I'll be out next saterday
I'll have all the fish caught before that Big Guy.  ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #650 on: Feb 13, 2016, 10:02 PM »
I'll have all the fish caught before that Big Guy.  ;D
I'll just fish away from where you fished you scare all the fish away from under you

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #651 on: Feb 14, 2016, 05:09 AM »
I think we will have good ice now lol

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #652 on: Feb 14, 2016, 07:07 AM »
I'll be there Monday morning. Anyone else?  ;D ;D

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #653 on: Feb 14, 2016, 07:21 AM »
I'll just fish away from where you fished you scare all the fish away from under you
::) ::) :P :P

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #654 on: Feb 14, 2016, 03:47 PM »
I think I may head out with my 4 y/o daughter tomorrow, she has been begging me to take her ice fishing.  She's a trooper but will wait til mid morning to head out there.
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline Teerod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #655 on: Feb 14, 2016, 04:39 PM »
I'll definitely be out there some day this week can't wait.  I've got a buddy out there now I'm waiting to here how it was.

Offline Tuukka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #656 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:26 PM »
 Yo Yo...stopped by the north end today at around 3pm.. i counted 9 shanties on the bay near the damm. i talked to a guy who was just getting off, he saiid the ice was a good solid 6inches. he said no worries at all. saw some guys out near the narrows(i think they were just checking it out) as all the shanties were close together. i then went to the main lake understandly no one was on the main lake. but it sure did look like it was getting close. i think im gonna hit the north end tommorow(i much prefer the main lake) but hell ill take any ice right now..i am sure that by this weekend their will be a SHANTYFEST out there as it will get crowded.......so fellas   'LET THE GAMES BEGIN"..............LATER...

......Cat on a tin roof
                                                                                                                             Dogs in a pile
                                                                                                                             Nothing left to do but
                                                                                                                             SMILE,SMILE,SMILE.......................
                                                                                                                                                 j.garcia   R.I.P

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #657 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:32 PM »
nice  report  good to hear thanks

Offline Teerod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #658 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Just heard from my buddy out on the north end, he's on 7inches right now.

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #659 on: Feb 14, 2016, 08:21 PM »
fished this afternoon for 4 1/2 hrs with my 2boys....the whole lake is froze now...I didn't check ice thickness on main lake just remember it was open water Friday afternoon!! at the dam shore ice is much better and ice was 4-7" good ice under 2-3" snow ...not bad walking... u know its gonna be a good day when the first line to bottom with no bait to set bobber depth gets nailed by a 8" gill!!! my kids and I hammed the gills were 16 short of 3 man limit and throw lots more dinks back also we got 11 keeper crappies :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.