The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy 2hp binding  (Read 502 times)

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Jiffy 2hp binding
« on: Jan 01, 2014, 03:41 PM »
I have a 13 year old jiffy white lightning with an 8 inch bit. Cuts like a champ till it's time to break through the bottom of the hole. then it binds up. I'm running ripper blades on it. They are supposed to be ok for it. Are they to aggressive. Could the point be to dull? Starts cutting great, throwing chips well till I get to the bottom. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Jiffy 2hp binding
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2014, 12:21 PM »
After doing a search here and on google I came up with a few options. Did the carb adjustments as described by Lone Wolf and gave it a try. Ran better but still hung up. Gave the governor screw a quarter turn and she punched right through on several holes. Just not enough rpm's to keep the clutch engaged. Easy fix, On the mine it's a torx screw under the throttle handle.

Offline yank0073

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2014, 12:44 PM »
I wonder if your governor spring was weak/stretched.  Turning the governor screw just put more tension on the spring during wot.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2014, 11:42 AM »
They were known for that. When you get close to going through the bottom of the hole lift it up a few inches and set it back down. It will probably still bind up a bit, but not as bad.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.