Author Topic: Lazer blade sharpening  (Read 738 times)

Offline moonglow71

• IceShanty Rookie
Lazer blade sharpening
« on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:34 PM »
I am sure this topic has been discussed before, but is there anyone local in northwest Indiana that sharpens Lazer auger blades. Between my brother and I, we have 3 old sets. Strikemaster offers a service where you can mail them in, get them sharpened and they send them back, but the cost with shipping is almost as much as a new set of blades. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lazer blade sharpening
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:55 PM »
That is high. Aren't the new ones right about 27 bucks?

Offline sodbuster101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Elkhart has place that cost about 25 including shipping....cant remeber theyre.name. If you buy good blades, its a deal. If you buy china crap.....same price.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:55 PM »
The Angler in Helmer can send them to some one local to get them done and I don't thank it is that much . If I remember right it is less than 10.00

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Check out one of the boards sponsors FISH307, I think they run around $15 with shipping.
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:57 PM »
I was exploring a new lake yesterday and ended up drilling into a shallow rockpile.  Messed up my blades pretty bad.  Since I was headed out again this morning, I tried removing my Strikemaster blades and used a drill with a gritty sharpening round thingy I had picked up at a hardware store a long time ago.    Seemed to do the trick. The drill was working fine today. 

The key, just like when you sharpen a knife....Is to follow the EXACT angle of the blade edge when you are sharpening it.   Dont try to sharpen just the tip and dont try to sharpen the back side.  Just follow along the regular cut part.   Hope that makes sense.   
"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Offline Bird Dog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Travel Tender     in Goshen     five dollars back in about a week

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.