Author Topic: General jigging question  (Read 709 times)

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
General jigging question
« on: Jan 17, 2004, 12:51 PM »
HI.  Learned how to catch Smelt today.  They wanted a real hard, two-foot jig motion.  I was just wondering, since I am new to jigging, is this how you would jig for say Perch/panfish??  How about trout?  I was just amazed that the faster and quicker I snapped my wrist, the more hits I got from the Smelt.  I will be in an area that has Trout and Perch in it tomorrow, and I was wondering if I should kinda rely on this method, or what else to try.  
Thanks,
Mike :)
have a CRAPPIE day!!

green hornet

Re:General jigging question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2004, 07:00 PM »
When you are fishing for perch/panfish you will want to take it alot slower.  It's easy, my three year old just caught one of each today.  Good Luck!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:General jigging question
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2004, 09:18 PM »
You just never know sometimes. It might be that they eat something that does that type of action. Or maybe they wanted you to play hard to get. It often pays to adjust. Try jigging above the fish and making them come up. Something about a fish gets hungrier the more his face points upward.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.