Author Topic: Join you bunch of lurkers !!!!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Join you bunch of lurkers !!!!
« on: Oct 11, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Join in on the fun  and it is free!   right now there is :

Ice Fishing Forum Users Online
  95 Guests, 16 Users
Mainehazmt, nd.walleye, Bobberstop, SPARKYICE, HUNTER16, beerthirty, Hijinks, aj_greb, Mooter, adkRoy, dachmation, young gun, Fish_Tko, papaperch, fish_boy 
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
Re: Join you bunch of lurkers !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2007, 10:17 AM »
I second that! :) C'mon - like Mainehazmt said - its fun and free! Contribute to the community you like to read about.  :o :tipup: :o

Offline Perch-Pirate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2007, 10:42 AM »
This site needs to be made so that guests can only read the first sentence or two on each topic and then all these lurkers would at least join. Then we will come up with a way to get them to contribute. Can't wait for the ice to show up, but I do need to put some venison in the freezer first!!

Later,
Perch-Less!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2007, 09:06 PM »
As you can see we're from everywhere across the country.  Hop in with us the ice water is fine.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Maybe if you had to join in order to read the actual reports more lurkers would become members. I suspect the lurkers from my state, PA; probably like following the trout stocking trucks around as well. Some folks will always rely on the hard work of others because they just don't have the b#lls to go out and figure it out for themselves.

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Up late with my young son who is teething and I am the only user at 1:32am central time. I do see however 103 guests.   Now I know I have not been on long, but it is an awesome site .    I know some people are a little shy, but come on......   Everyone here has been nothing but nice to me.    ;D ;D ;D     You could be an elf for all I care, dressed in your underwear.....  If you ice fish it would be nice to hear from you....   Just maybe don't post a picture ;D

So take a little time, sign up and say high......... :laugh:

Sven (Really tired)   :tipup: :P

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2007, 05:32 AM »
Maybe if you had to join in order to read the actual reports more lurkers would become members.

actually the Reports and Conditions boards are for members only. I cant say enough good about this site and its members. some of the best ideas Ive seen have come from this site and it has drastically changed the way i fish and opened my eyes to products and styles that i never knew of. the absolute best part is the friends i have made here in my own state as well as across the continent! Thanks Iceshanty and ALL of its members!! sign up now and avoid the rush...Iceshanty.com must firstapprove your account and send you a verification email ,and in 2 months when you look at who's on there will be over a hundred users and hundreds of guests at a time so it gets pretty busy...the longer you wait the longer it takes

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2007, 06:34 AM »
Not saying that there isn't a bunch of lurkers but I would bet that some of the "GUESTS" are just members that didn't log on.
    Jim

Offline rebelrat

• IceShanty Rookie
  • turd hurdin ice fisher
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2007, 06:35 AM »
im a user and love the site!!    but i want ice!!!!!!!! :-[  
Bring on the ice. No bad days!!!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2007, 06:47 AM »
hey WELCOME rebelrat!! pull up a seat and have a look around , im sure youll love what you find!

Offline pronghorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:55 AM »
I registered a couple of weeks ago, waited and waited for the confirmation e-mail, finally just tried logging on and it worked, yippee. If any other lurkers are waiting for the confirmation e-mail just try logging on.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Or check your junk mail - i joined the MyFishFinder and got my first email - the validation one went to my spam box though.

Offline troutnstout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:12 PM »
I bet that many of the "guests" are actually members that don't login when visiting the site.  I know that it usually the case for me...

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:32 PM »
I just selected the box that says to always stay logged on.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:18 PM »
This site needs to be made so that guests can only read the first sentence or two on each topic and then all these lurkers would at least join. Then we will come up with a way to get them to contribute. Can't wait for the ice to show up, but I do need to put some venison in the freezer first!!

Later,
Perch-Less!
Now it would be nice if ppl would join and contribute. But perch for you to complain is out right hilarious. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
You've been a member since Feb 07 and have only contributed 13 times. :o  And one of those 13 times is to complain about lurkers. :o  hmmmm? ::) ::)  If they want to join they will join. If they don't it's there loss. Just adding my .02 thats all. Lol build it and they will come. Let them check it out for awhile then they will join. You don't think that the 100 and some guest that are in here at all times are the same ppl day after day do ya? NO i REALLY DON'T THINK SO. I know I checked it out a few times before I joined. you really never know what your getting into some times on the web. ppl need to check things out 1st. Don't worry if they are addicted to ICE FISHING  like we are they will join.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2007, 05:50 AM »
complain   who    maybe I should!    this site has cost me alot!  Up untill 3 yrs ago   I never knew I needed a vex  power augers fancy heaters a perm shack  lots of portables   for different ice conditions  special movies books   and we wont even go into jigs!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Huuummmmm
Lurkers or something else.
The reports should be great this winter.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:49 PM »
complain   who    maybe I should!    this site has cost me alot!  Up untill 3 yrs ago   I never knew I needed a vex  power augers fancy heaters a perm shack  lots of portables   for different ice conditions  special movies books   and we wont even go into jigs!

the power of suggestion is very strong!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:42 PM »
the power of suggestion is very strong!
;D ;D ;D
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.