Author Topic: 1 man permie?  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Kingperch101

• IceShanty Rookie
1 man permie?
« on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Hi all-

I am looking to build a small 1 man permie... looking for recommendations! Easy and light to move by myself, easy hookup to sled or UTV etc. Lets see what you've got! Pictures are more then welcome!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1 man permie?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2020, 06:26 AM »
while not a permie the old clam jr. one piece 3x5 has a solid floor no folding involved. The sled is rock solid and could be dragged anywhere even when put together. Hard to find them though 2 hole set up.

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2020, 11:55 AM »
I had come across picture of 1 man permanent shanties that a guy had made. I'm not sure if it was on here or fb or just a Google search, but they were like 2.5-3.5' wide and maybe 6' long. He used corrugated plastic on half of it for a greenhouse effect on sunny days and to brighten it up. I've been trying to re-find the pictures....
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Hi all-

I am looking to build a small 1 man permie... looking for recommendations! Easy and light to move by myself, easy hookup to sled or UTV etc. Lets see what you've got! Pictures are more then welcome!

Something like this might work for you. I built it several years ago as a porta-perma shack. It wasn't light...I'd guess 100# plus. I could push/pull it by hand but I always used a quad when I could. Anyway, if it interests you, shoot me a PM and I'll try to describe and explain the build for you. It is 4'WX8'LX7'H. Worked well for 1 or 2 people.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:05 AM »
Kingperch101 your post triggered an epiphany, it came out of nowhere, so I am going to place the blame of this next build on you.  I am not sure if this would be of any interest to you, but since we are in the in between season right now, with too much time on my hands, this is what I am going to do.

Here will be the base of the new 1 man permanent shanty.  This is toboggan I built out of UHMW to haul building materials to my remote camp, this particular one is 52" wide X 12' long.  I have hauled 2500# loads with this thing, it pulls like a dream, very little resistance, it does not take much to move it. 

My plan is to build a straight forward 4' wide X 8' long shanty on this platform, using a full sheet of 3/4" plywood for the floor, the back end of the shack will stick out 1' past the toboggan, this is where the fishing holes will be cut in the floor.  My exact plans are not etched in stone yet, but the sidewalls will probably be 6' with an entrance door on one front corner, the sides will be made of material that I have laying around, either metal or chip board (probably chip board), the roof will be rounded on top using metal roofing. I will probably use 2"X3" wood from the floor up, so the weight on this thing will be minimal.

I am going to the States next week to pick up an enclosed snowmobile trailer that is being built, I have to isolate for two weeks after returning  to Canada, so this will be a great project while I am marooned at home.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Great idea. Send photos.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2020, 02:38 PM »
I saw a permanent shack built out of old political campaign signs. Most are built out of Coro-last, and if I could get some of the big ones, I might give it a try. They are waterproof, light, and can be cut and shaped easily. Now might be a good time to score some on their way to the landfill.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.